vegan gains

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
vievaisobelle
Diet: Vegan

vegan gains

Post by vievaisobelle »

what do other vegans make of him ? and how he contributes to animals rights / vegan movement w/ his popularity esp. to children ?

iv interacted with his under 18 fan base they seem to think death threats are 1. not illegal , 2. maybe emotionally harmful but thats acceptable and sociopathy has a cure -- they don't focus on his vegan message at all and there mostly young girls :?:

i am not a fan of his but watch him as entertainment -- he disturbers me a great deal more now that I'm vegan ( he had no influence in me being vegan -- bite size vegan was seriously influential) and i feel very passionate about animal right i don't think he is helpful at all and I'm confused by his recent work :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UlFazaBmv4

he seems ''cool'' i mean id hang out with him for a minuet BUT is he a bonus or minus and what is he really about? :?: :?:
bearbear287

Re: vegan gains

Post by bearbear287 »

I don't know a ton about vegan gains, but from what I have seen... he seems to be absolutely bonkers! I mean the whole situation about him recording his grandfathers heart attack, and posting it on YouTube, was insane! Who in their right mind exposes their family like that?!

He is not making anyone want to go vegan, he is just yelling at a camera for views. Personally Freelee the banana girl was a huge influence on me, she was straight forward, honest, and kind. Her videos inspired me, seeing how happy, healthy, and fir she is. It's great that vegan gains is vegan, and getting "gains" but I believe he should just quit YouTube, because he isn't helping anyone.
vievaisobelle

Post by vievaisobelle »

:roll: iv not seen any recording of his grandfathers hart attack and i find it hard to believe anyone would do that unless there a part of the Gore community nor do i see youtube allowing that-- i think thats just a malicious rumour :!: .
He has great potential to do great he has a large young fan base :D -- he dose care and give male perspective info and great health info . :D he is also very entertaining -- do i have concerns YES is it helpful to the vegan movement in the long run i think its more harmful but he seems to understand this -- i mean why would he do that video otherwise :?: -- and who is diagnosing him a sociopath and telling him taking mushrooms will '' cure'' his sociopathy ? there is no cure for anti social personality disorder but yes i strongly suspect he has a mental illness and personality disorder which also worries me :( .

i really don't know how to feel about this young man and if i should intro him to friends who are mildly interested in becoming vegan yet love the fitness industry. I see how the meat eaters react to him there very antagonised by him and rightly so . :cry:
vievaisobelle

Post by vievaisobelle »

i decided to unsub after this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVVGod7F6v0 he is useless satire .
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

vievaisobelle wrote:i decided to unsub after this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVVGod7F6v0 he is useless satire .
That seemed like one of his better videos, actually.

Vegan gains has a lot of potential to do good, but sometimes he overdoes it on the controversy. Death threats, trying to film/filming his grandfather's heart attack (this is not a rumor), etc.

He needs better PR, or somebody to look over his videos before he publishes them to make sure they are edgy enough but don't overdo it to the point of alienating the audience.

The Vegan Atheist has a video on him here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTCzMkiOrjg
vievaisobelle

Post by vievaisobelle »

Thx for the link , i see -- so my concerns are an on going issue :!: i wish him well :)
Archtype

Post by Archtype »

brimstoneSalad wrote: He needs better PR, or somebody to look over his videos before he publishes them to make sure they are edgy enough but don't overdo it to the point of alienating the audience.
IMO his public image is ruined beyond repair. He will be forever known as that crazy vegan YouTuber who recorded his grandfather dying, and he just does way too much for views. He made a response to someone named GradeAUnderA which presented no counter arguments, nor was the video itself really entertaining, and admits he did it 'just for the views'.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

Vegan gains is a funny and passionate guy who has mastered the art of youtube trolling. From what I can tell his activism has been very effective overall, as it seems like he has made the entire fitness industry aware of veganism. There have been some setbacks though-- the most egregious one being the borderline death threat against MrRepzion (depending on whether or not intention to kill and desire to kill are seperate things)

That said, he should innovate. I think his content is getting a bit repetitive
bearbear287

Post by bearbear287 »

vievaisobelle wrote:i decided to unsub after this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVVGod7F6v0 he is useless satire .
Calling someone a "dumb bitch" isn't helping anyone, and it's a very immature approach. thanks for sharing that link. :lol:
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Sounds like he may be working on just such an innovation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UlFazaBmv4

He may have already prepared the video about the 'dumb bitch' (where he calls her a dumb bitch, which he shouldn't so much or so publicly in his videos even if it's true) before he made that one. We'll see if he mellows out, I guess.