Covid variants and the global meat industry

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Herdmentality905
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Herdmentality905 »

Covid-19 came from the unregulated livestock farms of the Amazon. These farms have only a recently been developed, for the American fast food industry, which brought McDonald’s to mainland China in 1990.

Smart scientifically minded people fought this terrible business move by the American fast food giant. They warned of pandemics, if you tried to feed Asian people meat raised in the Amazon. Well the pandemic has arrived, with variants to follow!

England has battled “hoof and mouth” and many other diseases caused by meat industry. Do you believe the meat could be kept safe from the Amazon to England? The answer is no!

You must stop the import of meat from the Amazon into your country, in order to stop the continued variants, which exist in the transmission chain of the international meat industry. In particular JBS, McDonald’s and Smithfield.

This is not about a bat or a virus developed in a lab. It is about man’s disgusting need for the ingestion of animal tissue, and that behavior’s karmic revenge. Pay heed to my well informed information!!
Herdmentality905

Covid-19 came from the unregulated livestock farms of the Amazon. These farms have only a recently been developed, for the American fast food industry, which brought McDonald’s to mainland China in 1990.

Smart scientifically minded people fought this terrible business move by the American fast food giant. They warned of pandemics, if you tried to feed Asian people meat raised in the Amazon. Well the pandemic has arrived, with variants to follow!

England has battled “hoof and mouth” and many other diseases caused by meat industry. Do you believe the meat could be kept safe from the Amazon to England? The answer is no!

You must stop the import of meat from the Amazon into your country, in order to stop the continued variants, which exist in the transmission chain of
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Covid variants and the global meat industry

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi @Herdmentality905, these seemed to be the same thread so I merged them.

I'm not aware of any theories that trace the origin outside of China. Can you link us to some literature on the topic?

Of course either way, animal agriculture is a major threat and the source of most pandemics we've been suffering from.
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:40 pm Of course either way, animal agriculture is a major threat and the source of most pandemics we've been suffering from.
As far as I know, the only pandemic widely agreed to come from animal agriculture is the Spanish flu, widely agreed to have started on a chicken farm in Kansas. The vast majority of pandemics come from bushmeat, that is, animals eaten by humans, mostly closely related to humans (monkeys, bats...), not receiving basic veterinary care. Of course, the future pandemic of a bacterium resistant to antibiotics will come from factory farming, rather than from bushmeat, but that does not change the fact that bushmeat is to blame for the vast majority of the pandemics we have had recently.
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:40 pm I'm not aware of any theories that trace the origin outside of China. Can you link us to some literature on the topic?
I have heard of some "theories" equating the "vaping pneumonia" in 2019 in USA with COVID-19, but that sounds ridiculous to me. I mean, if there was COVID-19 in the USA back in 2019, it would horribly affect the elderly (hard-to-ignore number of deaths...), and have little-to-no effect on young people. Most of the people who got "vaping pneumonia" in 2019 were young people.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

teo123 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:44 pm
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:40 pm Of course either way, animal agriculture is a major threat and the source of most pandemics we've been suffering from.
As far as I know, the only pandemic widely agreed to come from animal agriculture is the Spanish flu, widely agreed to have started on a chicken farm in Kansas. The vast majority of pandemics come from bushmeat, that is, animals eaten by humans, mostly closely related to humans (monkeys, bats...), not receiving basic veterinary care. Of course, the future pandemic of a bacterium resistant to antibiotics will come from factory farming, rather than from bushmeat, but that does not change the fact that bushmeat is to blame for the vast majority of the pandemics we have had recently.
Where do you draw the line on what constitutes a pandemic?
Bird flu and swine flu were also pretty serious. Not covid or spanish flu scale, but it looked like they could be and they occupied the news cycle for weeks.
Herdmentality905

McDonald’s only came to mainland China in 1990. The idiot stockholders wanted to continue their market expansion. Many asked McDonald’s where they would get meat for China, who still can’t feed their own people. The McDonald’s people decided to raise the meat in the Amazon basin. Many here advised against it and warned of pandemics. Covid comes from pigs raised in the Amazon, who are raised for Chinese markets. This is why it began there. Any more question? I’m right! I became a vegetarian right when the idiots started their stupid plan. Looks like we got the pandemic we were promised, by my smart friends who taught me to eat right!
Herdmentality905

I have made this claim before on your message forum. It seems to fall on deaf ears, even though the pandemic is an obvious clarion call for vegans to educate the public. I am right. I also don’t rely on McDonalds, Smithfield or Tyson to get my information out. That should prove me to be, at least less biased, than most of the news media!
Herdmentality905

Sorry again you believe stories created by news outlets who rely on the meat industry for advertising. You might want to take it easy on the Soma. Mr. Huxley is worried about you!
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

Herdmentality905 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 am I have made this claim before on your message forum. It seems to fall on deaf ears, even though the pandemic is an obvious clarion call for vegans to educate the public. I am right. I also don’t rely on McDonalds, Smithfield or Tyson to get my information out. That should prove me to be, at least less biased, than most of the news media!
OK, a serious question: Are you high on drugs? The fact that there was no COVID-19 pandemic in the USA in 2019 can, as far as I can see, only be disputed with a ridiculous conspiracy theory. Just how could something like that stay hidden? How could excess mortality measuring in at least tens of thousands of elderly people be hidden?