What if God was evil or had bad tendencies?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Forests
Diet: Pescetarian

What if God was evil or had bad tendencies?

Post by Forests »

This is just hypothetical for fun but go with me on this.

Let's just say God is indeed a person (I don't believe that) but let's just say he was then wouldn't it make more sense if he had bad qualities or evil tendencies like all human beings do?

Christians say God is a person and all Good and perfect but that makes no sense and has been logically disproven because evil exists. This is not a thread on the problem of evil just a hypothetical thought scenario. So If God was a person I think it would be more logical if he had bad in him not just good but bad as well.

Any thoughts?
Kwashiorkor
Diet: Vegetarian

Re: What if God was evil or had bad tendencies?

Post by Kwashiorkor »

As an atheist or anti-theist rather who has looked into the three main monotheistic religions, I can tell you that's exactly what god is in Judaism and Islam. So the theologians in these religions don't have to concern themselves so much with the problem of evil because there isn't one. It's only in the New Testament where god becomes wholly benevolent that the problem of why evil exists crops up. Marcion of Sinope an early Christian theologian went to all sorts of convoluted lengths to show how Christianity and Judaism are actually two completely separate religions revealed by diametrically opposed deities (Jehovah from the Old Testament who created the evil material world and the alien god in the New Testament who sent his only son into the world to adopt humanity).
TelepathyConspiracy
Diet: Vegan

Re: What if God was evil or had bad tendencies?

Post by TelepathyConspiracy »

It's like the religions are making this "might makes right" argument... You either believe or you don't... Obviously veganism is incompatible with Romans 14:20

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mc-MMD ... p=drivesdk