Carnism as compared to Statism

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
FredVegrox
Diet: Vegan

Re: Carnism as compared to Statism

Post by FredVegrox »

I am not into economic theories, very much not into that of Karl Marx. I think without government we would not have money being printed. There would be makers of products and there would necessarily be trade agreements, which in this case would grow to be independent of printed money. I see other things needed, along with not having government to depend on and have interfering with our lives. All people in civilization are not living right for sustainably continuing in this world. That does need to change.

There are healing substances from plants, which should be rediscovered.
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

FredVegrox wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:16 am I am not into economic theories, very much not into that of Karl Marx. I think without government we would not have money being printed. There would be makers of products and there would necessarily be trade agreements, which in this case would grow to be independent of printed money. I see other things needed, along with not having government to depend on and have interfering with our lives. All people in civilization are not living right for sustainably continuing in this world. That does need to change.

There are healing substances from plants, which should be rediscovered.
I would not recommend you to study Marxist Economics or Austrian Economics, except perhaps as examples of pseudoscience. Marxist Economics and Austrian Economics are basically attempts to deny the predictions of basic game theory. Basic game theory predicts that a society that tries to base itself on Marxist Economics will fail almost immediately due to the Tragedy of the Commons, and it also predicts that a society that tries to base itself on Austrian Economics will fail very soon due to the Paradox of Thrift. There is a reason why almost no PhD economist buys into Marxist Economics and why very few PhD economists buy into Austrian Economics. They are attempts to deny mathematics.
In my opinion, the mainstream interpretation of the Croatian names of places is also an attempt to deny predictions of mathematics, that is, an attempt to deny the predictions of information theory, and I explained why on my blog, but that's besides the point.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

I am not really attracted to studying anything of that economic theory, I believe sharing things divided for more equality and meeting any special need could work but just on a small scale, like it would in a household, and maybe a few hundred at most. Beyond that there is government working for it. It isn't that I favor capitalism but that would work without government at some larger scale too. But there are still issues with the way we live in the world either way. I think it could be better with people in very small communities anyway. They might choose their own way for sharing or trading among themselves.