Gray Sloth response to PV on #namethetrait

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
FredVegrox
Diet: Vegan

Re: Gray Sloth response to PV on #namethetrait

Post by FredVegrox »

I have the communication with other vegans on Discord, still I have response at my vegan chat site on Y99, just though someone or another comes on questioning veganism with a faulty reasoning they bring. I make the pitch there on Discord too, some vegans could certainly come and help make argument against these few who question it, and they are not very difficult. Enough may come help for vegan chat to start, I hope.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

I can blog, but that is not real communication. I can respond in forums, but there is lag that keeps discussion from being like real exchange. So I wish I found others who are vegan that are better at it.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

It's kind of an unsolved problem, linking people up in good chat environments without them being cluttered by undesirable noise.
I imagine AI could do a pretty good job of linking people up in pools with those they would want to talk with and avoid annoyances.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

If AI could be good at linking up vegan people to talk with for us that would seem desirable, but we already have growing use of AI that seems disturbing to me anyway. So I would prefer not to use it as a first resort, if it is really available. Yet I hear even Google searches are done with AI, and that can't be avoided for searches we think are needed. But anyway chats for vegans will not grow without building them up for that, and pitches for a site for it have to be made. I would join a good one for that if there was one, instead, so I would not have one I made to keep making a pitch for, but there isn't one I found. What I did find did not let me return in after getting the app, then needing a new phone and getting the app again. That sucked too much and it wasn't justified. I would have something better than that.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

Discord is not too bad for it. What I find there are small almost inactive servers for vegans, or larger active ones, which many nonvegans join and argue, and unique ones troll while they can last there. I use Discord for other things too, in addition to trying to have time for chat with just other vegans. So, something else for the chat is desirable still, I make my site on Y99 available for that as long as I don't know about anything better yet for it.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

I will admit that Discord is what I can consider best for chat among vegans. They still have others who are not vegan joining there. But the servers for vegans there are generally active. I was never joining vegan communication or looking for it, until I was vegan, and not even when I was vegetarian before that. I don't understand why those not vegan join, and then argue against it. That is outside of what my mind can understand doing. Anyway the chat site I started I still try to make work.