Open Letter To....

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
User avatar
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: White House

Re: Open Letter To....

Post by Red » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 pm
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:05 pm
Red wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:57 am
Dear Mr. Vice President
Thanks for resizing ot for me. How did you do that?
There are many websites.
Dear Mr. President,

Can you do a picture like that for me?

Yours faithfully,

Vice President Blue/Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?
Attachments
Vice President Blue.png
Vice President Blue.png (222.86 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
VOTE

Red For President
--------------------------
Blue For Vice President

2056
My Democratic Republic: https://discord.gg/ejHz43n

User avatar
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: White House

Post by Red » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:58 am

Dear Simple™,

Fuck you. I know in my last letter to Fresh Meadows it was all hyperbolic, but here, I'm genuinely pissed.

About a year ago, when I started working, I decided it'd be cool to get a debit card to spend money via the internet, for games, programs, content creators, charities, etc., and everything was going fine; My patron pledges were going through, I bought a lot of stuff for TF2, I bought a new audio program, and I even donated to various (hopefully) reputable charities, and even Wikipedia. There was a bit of a mishap for those that remember, but still, the card was working.

But until December of that year, you decided to do a 180 on me and punch me in the dick out of nowhere. I saw on my Patreon that my pledge wasn't going through, and I was like "Okay, that's odd, I still have a few bucks left on it, but whatever, lemme re-enter my number, and hopefully it'll work by January." Then comes January, and I still had that damn notification, and I was like "Okay, what the fuck is going on? Alright, against my judgement, we'll wait one more month, and see what happens." Come February, nothing. I told my mom, but she told me that I shouldn't be worrying about this crap, since I still had school, and I didn't retort, since arguing with her is a lost cause.

I thought "Maybe I don't have a not of money left on my Card? Lemme lower my Patreon pledge to $1, and see what happens." Come March, I still see the same damn notification. Unless I don't have a single dollar on my fucking card, but that's unlikely.

Then came June, when I was finally released from my shackles. Though I kinda forgot about the whole debit card thing, it still weighed on my mind somehow. I hoped to fix it soon though.

That hope has recently been dashed into oblivion, when I recently tried to log into my account. I don't think I've ever experienced a bigger "Fuck You" thrown in my face when I see that patronizing "Sorry" page with the little rain cloud. What the hell do you mean "We're sorry Simple didn't work out for you"? I've been using the fucking thing for months until you took a big, greasy, fetid, black, steaming, poorly-digested, nut-filled shit all over me. You don't even give me a customer support number? That just adds injury to hospitalization. What the fuck? I mean, I can still access it via your homepage, but it's basically as though you don't care if I even want to come back.

I decided to test my card by donating to Wikipedia, and I didn't get that confirmation email saying my donation went through, so what does that tell us?

I'm gonna figure this shit out in the morning, but for now, fuck it, and fuck you. And I still owe about 500 dollars in Patreon pledges!

All the worst, and a very sincere fuck you,
Red.
VOTE

Red For President
--------------------------
Blue For Vice President

2056
My Democratic Republic: https://discord.gg/ejHz43n

User avatar
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:24 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Dear Voting Public,

Trump isn't the problem. Republicans aren't the problem either. And for the Republicans riding high on this Trump wave, Democrats aren't the problem either.

Republicans; remember a few years back when Obama was gonna wreck the country? Yeah, take that feeling, and that's how Democrats feel now.

Of course, in a few years (2-6) Democrats WILL have a president in office again. It always happens; the party in power gets cocky and does a bunch of shit the other "side" hates, so the country flips loyalty. I hated history class, but I can see this because IT HAPPENS EVERY FEW ELECTION CYCLES!! Republicans and Democrats always ignore the MIDDLE GROUND. It may surprise you, but many people decide important issues on a case by case basis.


Trump isn't the problem, and neither are the Republicans ( for my Progressive friends.)

The problem is the amount of power we give these ass-hats over our lives.

Don't give your "side" any power that you wouldn't want the other "side" to be in control of. Because they will be in control at some point. (WHY DO WE STILL ONLY HAVE TWO MAIN PARTIES!!)

But since I know you won't listen, keep voting blindly for a D or an R.

It's working so well..............

P
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.

User avatar
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: White House

Post by Red » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Actually, I think it's more of an issue that the general populace votes for momos instead of actually intelligent and competent people, on average. But, as it stands and due to our political climate, it's very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY unlikely that third parties or independents will get much political steam, in all federal, gubernatorial, and municipal governments, or get in control of the legislate, or have someone in the White House.

And I hope the Dems will get back Congress and the White House, but it's all up in the air. I mean, Trump is one of the most consistently unpopular presidents in history (which is something on the bright side, for posterity), but just about as many, if not more, people hate him than before, and he still won by the skin of his fat, hairy, smelly, orange ass. The left needs to unify behind a candidate if they want a chance.
VOTE

Red For President
--------------------------
Blue For Vice President

2056
My Democratic Republic: https://discord.gg/ejHz43n

User avatar
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:24 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Red wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:22 pm
The left needs to unify behind a candidate if they want a chance.
In true Libertarian fashion, I'll ignore my own request to not respond to replies (partly because "rules" that don't hurt anyone shouldn't be enforced, and partly because it's you, Red. ;) ) and reply.

Unification in regards to a candidate sounds good, but last time the Democrats "unified" behind a candidate they picked the worst possible one. (For those of us independent types)

Even though I oppose him on many, many levels, I would have voted for Bernie Sanders. He was genuine. Wrong on many issues, but someone who I feel was truly trying to make the country a better place.

The reasons (IMO) Trump won was because independents decide elections, and us independent types hate both of the major parties. Dems and Repubs waste so much time preaching to the choir that it makes it appealing to vote for an total asshat just to get the two parties to shut the hell up and reflect on themselves for a bit. (Remember, neither "true" Republicans or Democrats wanted Trump to win. That's why he won..)

Any ideas who the Dems should put forth as the next nominee? Hillary might be able to win this time, but people like me would rather see some orange ass-hat in power than another career politician. We know Trump is a liar, because he's not very good at lying. Hillary is much, much, better in this regard. :twisted:
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:47 am

PsYcHo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 pm
Unification in regards to a candidate sounds good, but last time the Democrats "unified" behind a candidate they picked the worst possible one. (For those of us independent types)
Except they didn't. The primaries were rigged against Bernie.

I want a candidate like Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or Chelsea Manning to run for President for the Democratic Party, but the system is already rigged against those sorts of people because they speak against the status quo. The Democrats will probably nominate Corey Booker the corporate hooker as their candidate and like last election win the popular vote but lose the electoral vote.
Vote Blue for President of Red's Democratic Republic!
---
For the many, not the few!

User avatar
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: White House

Post by Red » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm

PsYcHo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 pm
Unification in regards to a candidate sounds good, but last time the Democrats "unified" behind a candidate they picked the worst possible one. (For those of us independent types)
I don't think that half of the people on the left calling Hillary 'corrupt' can really be considered being 'unified.'
PsYcHo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 pm
Even though I oppose him on many, many levels, I would have voted for Bernie Sanders. He was genuine. Wrong on many issues, but someone who I feel was truly trying to make the country a better place.
The country is fine for the most part, we just have incompetent citizens who screw over everyone else (such as screwing over social security) by making moronic decisions. While I am a liberal, I'm not sure if government intervention will improve the country automatically (though I'm pretty sure you know that).
PsYcHo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 pm
The reasons (IMO) Trump won was because independents decide elections, and us independent types hate both of the major parties. Dems and Repubs waste so much time preaching to the choir that it makes it appealing to vote for an total asshat just to get the two parties to shut the hell up and reflect on themselves for a bit. (Remember, neither "true" Republicans or Democrats wanted Trump to win. That's why he won..)
Is that the only reason he won?
PsYcHo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 pm
Any ideas who the Dems should put forth as the next nominee? Hillary might be able to win this time, but people like me would rather see some orange ass-hat in power than another career politician. We know Trump is a liar, because he's not very good at lying. Hillary is much, much, better in this regard. :twisted:
I don't think Hillary's gonna be running again, but Bory Cooker seems like a pretty good candidate. I disagree with him on a few things, such as higher minimum wage, affirmative action, and GMO labeling, but he supports women's rights, single payer healthcare, nuclear energy, and best of all is vegan. He's far from perfect (of course I'd be the perfect candidate according to myself), but a bit better than Hillary, and miles better than Orange Man. Plus he's black, so you don't really have a choice unless you want to be considered racist.
VOTE

Red For President
--------------------------
Blue For Vice President

2056
My Democratic Republic: https://discord.gg/ejHz43n

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:39 am

Red wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm
he supports women's rights
Jesus fucking Christ, the level that American politics has came to that you need to state that some candidates support this, in opposition to other candidates who do not.
Vote Blue for President of Red's Democratic Republic!
---
For the many, not the few!

User avatar
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:24 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Red wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm
I don't think Hillary's gonna be running again, but Bory Cooker seems like a pretty good candidate. I disagree with him on a few things, such as higher minimum wage, affirmative action, and GMO labeling, but he supports women's rights, single payer healthcare, nuclear energy, and best of all is vegan. He's far from perfect (of course I'd be the perfect candidate according to myself), but a bit better than Hillary, and miles better than Orange Man. Plus he's black, so you don't really have a choice unless you want to be considered racist.
You know, Libertarians are against minimum wage, affirmative action (not for racist reasons, but because individuals are the main priority, and judging people for any reason not based on individualism is wrong) we support women's rights because they are individuals, and Veganism is welcome because it doesn't cause harm to anyone.

I don't know how to respond to the "Plus he's black" point. I don't believe you are a racist, and I tend to side with your "I don't give a shit I just say what I feel" persona, but being edgy (which I totally agree with) in regards to race is something that should be (unfortunately, because satirism is underappreciated ) dealt with more carefully than your post suggest. IOW, I get your humour, but others may not.

But do what you will... :twisted:
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 pm

PsYcHo wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:30 pm
we support women's rights because they are individuals
Once again, it is unbelievable the level that American politics has came to that it is necessary to specify whether your particular ideology supports women's rights and why. In most other countries, whether you are a socialist, liberal, conservative, libertarian, etc. it would go without saying that you support women's rights. But that's 'Murica I guess. God, I am glad that I do not live there.
Vote Blue for President of Red's Democratic Republic!
---
For the many, not the few!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests