A discussion on TFES forum

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: A discussion on TFES forum

Post by Red »

teo123 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:59 am OK, before anybody gets misled, I was trolling. Here is why ships do not appear to lean as they go over the horizon: they do, but the horizon at the sea level is around 5 km away, whereas the circumference of the Earth is 40'000 kilometers. So, they lean at the angle of 5/40000*360=0.045 degrees, which is imperceptible. It's the same fallacy as the "Horizon appears to rise with you as you climb." argument.
So why were you trolling? To waste our time? Because you're bored?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

Red wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:19 pm
teo123 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:59 am OK, before anybody gets misled, I was trolling. Here is why ships do not appear to lean as they go over the horizon: they do, but the horizon at the sea level is around 5 km away, whereas the circumference of the Earth is 40'000 kilometers. So, they lean at the angle of 5/40000*360=0.045 degrees, which is imperceptible. It's the same fallacy as the "Horizon appears to rise with you as you climb." argument.
So why were you trolling? To waste our time? Because you're bored?
Well, yes, I was bored.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Teo, you need to find better things to do with your time. Did you graduate yet? Do you have a job? Any prospects or anything over the horizon?
-Leonardo da Vinci
Lay Vegan

Post by Lay Vegan »

I'm glad Teo finally acknowledged he's bored/lonely and here to troll. @Red I'm wondering if he needs a nemesis to counter-troll him while forum traffic is low. The poor kid clearly needs a pen pal. And BrimstoneSalad seems to be busy.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Lay Vegan wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:19 pm I'm glad Teo finally acknowledged he's bored/lonely and here to troll. @Red I'm wondering if he needs a nemesis to counter-troll him while forum traffic is low. The poor kid clearly needs a pen pal. And BrimstoneSalad seems to be busy.
I would counter troll him (as I have done a few times before) but nowadays I just don't have the energy nor can be bothered really to even have much of a discussion with him. I could have responded to his point but ai just don't wanna waste so much time to argue with a position he doesn't even hold in the first place.

@brimstoneSalad's busy yeah but I don't think he has the patience to debate with Teo for another 40 pages anyway.
-Leonardo da Vinci
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

Red wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:39 am Teo, you need to find better things to do with your time. Did you graduate yet? Do you have a job? Any prospects or anything over the horizon?
No, I have not graduated and I don't have a job. I am struggling with a psychotic disorder.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

teo123 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:06 am
Red wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:39 am Teo, you need to find better things to do with your time. Did you graduate yet? Do you have a job? Any prospects or anything over the horizon?
No, I have not graduated and I don't have a job. I am struggling with a psychotic disorder.
What is the psychotic disorder? Are you receiving help?
-Leonardo da Vinci
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

Red wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:15 am
I am taking Risperidone, Biperiden and Alprazolam.
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

Red wrote:massacre denialism
Well, not all massacre denialism is the same. What do you think, did Varivode Massacre really happen? I mean, unlike for Vukovar Massacre, there are no witnesses or a mass grave. I have made a post with a few more arguments against Varivode Massacre having happened.
teo123
Master of the Forum

Post by teo123 »

Red wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:15 am
By the way, what do you think, was my mental illness caused by or at least exacerbated a lot by me going to a too difficult university? Should I drop out?