I have a confession:

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
garrethdsouza
Diet: Vegan

Re: I have a confession:

Post by garrethdsouza »

If you only ate a salad, obviously you're going to be hungry because that's not a balanced vegan meal or diet. You need to eat to get your daily nutritional needs.

So you can try the following foods:

Whole Grains (red/black rice, breads)
Beans and/or Lentils (good protein source)
vegetables like green leafy (spinach, kale)
Fruits
Nuts (walnuts are great)
Seeds (flaxseeds for omega3)
Plant milks (soy milk, etc)

If you don't eat well/enough of course you'll have cravings for anything else.
“We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself.”

― Brian Cox
knowledge is power

Post by knowledge is power »

Are you having fun Dizzy? Why do you think you can chit chat with us and verbally abuse us at the same time?
'Heresy makes for progress'
- Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner - 1897
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

EquALLity wrote:
RedAppleGP wrote:Well that's really all up to which vegan you ask. Some vegans like Bruce Friedrich are concerned about how ethically treated the animals are (animals being the ones people eat duh), and other Vegans are concerned about the animals all together (See Gary L. Francione), and are concered more about their freedom. I take the Francione approach.
The Francione approach? o_O

I don't agree with them about that. :P
Why would it be wrong to milk a cow and drink the milk, in and of itself?
RedAppleGP wrote:Well when you go the shops and purchase the meat, you are fueling the buisnesses who are in control of such industries, allowing them to continue force breeding animals and taking their meat an such. And when you spend 7 bucks at KFC, you are also allowing to keep the property up, which will continue to purchase meat from factory farms and such. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, but I'll say for clarifacation. If less and less people purchase a product from such industries, the industries will eventually not have enough money to keep their buinesses up, and will eventually go out of buisness (take THAT capitalists!). I guess what I'm going for here is that if you spend money for meat products, that keeps the industry alive, and will continue doing what it does (sadly) just for money, without any concern for the animals that are tortured and slaughtered. And eating the meat kinda sorta maybe means you support the tortue and death of animals. Unless you are planning on changing your diet, in which case, good on ya!
What? No, I'm just saying that buying meat is unethical, not eating it.

If there is meat already purchased, and it would go to waste anyway, it would do no wrong to eat the meat.
Yeah
JacobCrom

Post by JacobCrom »

You Should Its Better Way of Life

Thank You
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

garrethdsouza wrote:If you only ate a salad, obviously you're going to be hungry because that's not a balanced vegan meal or diet. You need to eat to get your daily nutritional needs.

So you can try the following foods:

Whole Grains (red/black rice, breads)
Beans and/or Lentils (good protein source)
vegetables like green leafy (spinach, kale)
Fruits
Nuts (walnuts are great)
Seeds (flaxseeds for omega3)
Plant milks (soy milk, etc)

If you don't eat well/enough of course you'll have cravings for anything else.
Well shit, I guess I never realised that, also, I read online a recipe for Vegan Fried Chicken, I think I might try that.
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

knowledge is power wrote:Are you having fun Dizzy? Why do you think you can chit chat with us and verbally abuse us at the same time?
Because of how you white people have physically abused my ancestors throughout history!
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

JacobCrom wrote:You Should Its Better Way of Life

Thank You
Your welcome
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Dizzy wrote:
Shut up bitch, I'm still gonna steal my meat, it aint gonna make me any less of a Vegan and you know it, smh.
To hell with you then. I tried being nice.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

RedAppleGP wrote:
Dizzy wrote:
Shut up bitch, I'm still gonna steal my meat, it aint gonna make me any less of a Vegan and you know it, smh.
To hell with you then. I tried being nice.
If you are white, then you can't be nice. How dare you say 'to hell with you' you are the atheist fag who is going to burn in hell you will eat ash and drink satan's piss straight from his willy. good day to you you cracker atheist scum. KILL ALL ATHEISTS! KILL ALL AGNOSTICS! KILL ALL HOMOS!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Dizzy wrote: Well shit, dawg, I guess I'll continue to eat meat, but not buy it, I'll just steal it from peeps' tables when they aint lookin.
Unless they're rich people, and will just buy more meat after you steal their meat. So, you'd have to steal their money too so they can't buy more meat -- you wouldn't want to do that, right?

Better to take the meat off the plate after the wasteful ungrateful peeps "finish eating" and walk away. It saves the meat from being thrown away, and since those people were already "full" (for a few minutes, anyway) they won't buy more right away.

If you know any shopping malls, those are great places to nab free food.
Charmzfoo wrote:Skinny white bitches always be ordering to much, taking 2 bites, an than leaving it to waste for the min wage Mexican staff to clean up so they all can go throw up and try to buy expensive dresses that is to small to fit on skeletons.
Perhaps sage advice?

Or something.