Which milks do you enjoy?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.

What are your favorite milks?

Soy
35%
Almond
25%
Coconut
8%
Hazelnut
2%
Oat
11%
Rice
10%
Other
10%

Total votes: 63

Anon0045
Diet: Vegan

Re: Which milks do you enjoy?

Post by Anon0045 »

I drink only oat milk. It's the cheapest but taste better than soy milk. Almond milk cost twice as much, so I never buy it for that reason, but it's good too.

I use the oat milk on my oatmeal each morning with raisins or apple, or when I eat bread.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Anon0045 wrote: I use the oat milk on my oatmeal each morning[...]
Oatception. :shock:
Corelich
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Corelich »

cidig

Post by cidig »

I used to really dislike plant milks and there are so many brands in Europe that I felt discoured by the idea of looking for a good one. But I finally found alpro and it is really ok. I usually use with oats, I rarely drink it as beverage, and often put into this: http://thecolorfulkitchen.com/2014/09/0 ... a-oatmeal/

I like oat milk too, German production, can't remember the name. :)
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

Has anyone tried Cashew Milk? I've seen some commercials for it recently from the brand that makes my favourite Almond Milk, and I'm curious to maybe first hear what others who've tried it think of it before I go out and try to get some for myself.
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

Hemp, hazelnut, and oat are my favorite forms of milk. Soy and almond are the ones that I purchase most frequently because they're the cheapest ones I can find and I still really like both. I have, however, tried every form that I'm aware of (even quinoa), except for green tea soy milk, which I purchased at a Japanese grocery store in San Francisco a few weeks ago. I look forward to drinking it soon.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

Home made flax seed milk is the best! Just one table spoon and you get your daily does of omega 3's! Just make sure to drink it all down as soon as you make it, flax seed milk will spoil unrefrigerated after 4 hours and will only last a day in the fridge because of the high nutrient quality in flax seed milk!

Our bodies absorb nutrients the best in water drinking down a two cup glass of raw flax seed milk is the best feeling ever!
It's super cheap and environmentally friendly (no more wasting cartons)
One table spoon of golden flax seeds (sweeter taste) and two cups of water +3 soaked dates if you want to sweeten it.
Let the flax seeds soak for no less than 15mins 8 hours is optimal ~ you are sprouting the seeds making them go from 'dormant' to 'alive'
That one tablespoon of flax seeds when fully sprouted will expand into half a cup of flax seeds .
Just blend in a blender for 1-2 minutes and drink immediately... Feel the difference.

Also when baking and you don't have any almond/soy milk on hand you'll love using flax milk instead because it is easy to whip up in less than 15minutse and because flax seeds have this 'gel' coating it makes vegan and gluten free baking a breeze because that coating really helps keep everything together.. IMO cooking with almond/soy milks is like adding water to the cake... That flax seed milk acts similar to the flax egg :)
Don't be a waste of molecules
PiggyOfDoom

Post by PiggyOfDoom »

Cow milk. *Raises shields* Open fire laddies.

Though really, I used to be lucky if I tried going a week without dairy and didn't implode; though lately I heavily reduced dairy and eggs to the point where I'll just consume it in moderation so my parents/friends/relatives won't judge me for my altitude towards animal consumption
There's no innocence, just levels of guilt. We all once stole a quarter; We all once scarred someone.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

^Woah, when did you become a vegetarian? :D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
PiggyOfDoom

Post by PiggyOfDoom »

EquALLity wrote:^Woah, when did you become a vegetarian? :D
Who? Me? Since I realized meat tastes like crap and makes my stomach feel weird
There's no innocence, just levels of guilt. We all once stole a quarter; We all once scarred someone.