I fucking hate air conditioning so much

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: I fucking hate air conditioning so much

Post by Jebus »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:00 pmHave you considered building a shade structure and a doggy pool?
They already have lots of shade. A doggy pool would get too messy, i.e getting wet, rolling around in the garden, and then going in the house and jumping up in the furniture.
Red wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:24 pmWhere would you move if you decided you would? Hope not England.
Goodness no. They don't want me and I don't want them. I am likely to move to a slightly higher altitude in Mauritius.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: I fucking hate air conditioning so much

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Jamie in Chile wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:45 pm Chile is also dry heat rather than humid heat which is not as bad.
Definitely, because with dry heat your sweat actually evaporates and cools you. The temperature of sweating skin is wet bulb temp which is way lower in low humidity. Evaporative coolers are also an option.
Jamie in Chile wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:45 pmWhile we do have hot days, the morning and nights are cool.
That's also useful: just open the windows at night (with mosquito screens) and close them in the day, letting your home's thermal mass do the hard work.
Jebus wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:21 am
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:00 pmHave you considered building a shade structure and a doggy pool?
They already have lots of shade. A doggy pool would get too messy, i.e getting wet, rolling around in the garden, and then going in the house and jumping up in the furniture.
Oh, inside-outside dogs, I see.
Might be hard to train them to stay out of the dirt and dry off before coming in.

Dogs also like caves apparently. You could perhaps dig one out and plaster it with something so it wouldn't be dirty. Just a large thermal mass partially underground dog house. Something like a hobbit dog house.
Jebus wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:21 amI am likely to move to a slightly higher altitude in Mauritius.
It's hard to beat high altitude. I seem to remember that being a problem for people as they get older, though. Maybe I'm thinking or something else.