Help Me Name My New Series [POLL]

What should I name my new series?

Laying the Smack Down on .... (name)
28%
TheVeganAtheist takes on .... (name)
No votes
(name) versus TheVeganAtheist on (subject)
67%
TheVeganAtheist Beatdown: (name)
6%

Total votes: 18

TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Help Me Name My New Series [POLL]

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi, i am currently working on a new series and I am having some trouble coming up with a clever/catchy/ attention grabbing name.

Description of the series:
I will pick a youtube personality who has made comments I disagree with and show how they are mistaken to hold such beliefs. It will be a mixed bag of issues including atheism and veganism.

Im open to further suggestions, however what I am looking for is a title that will illicit a click because it stirs some kind of emotion.

Other Series Titles Currently In Use (As an example):
1)Title that prompts an emotional response: Stupid Christian Comments
Bland version (while correct): Misinformed Christian's Misunderstanding Their Religion

2)Title that prompts an emotional response: Crazy Shit the Bible Says
Bland version (while correct): Bible quotes examined
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Re: Help Me Name My New Series [POLL]

Post by thebestofenergy »

I think that the 'smack down' and the 'beatdown' ones are either offensive or too silly.
I would go for the 'versus' one. It seems way more professional.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

thebestofenergy wrote:I think that the 'smack down' and the 'beatdown' ones are either offensive or too silly.
would you have considered "Crazy shit the bible says" and Stupid Christian Comments" professional or silly? I don't think my other series sound all that professional, and that is not necessarily where Id like to position my videos. Again, professional/respectful/overly accurate titles are going to be much less clicked on.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:
thebestofenergy wrote:I think that the 'smack down' and the 'beatdown' ones are either offensive or too silly.
would you have considered "Crazy shit the bible says" and Stupid Christian Comments" professional or silly? I don't think my other series sound all that professional, and that is not necessarily where Id like to position my videos. Again, professional/respectful/overly accurate titles are going to be much less clicked on.
I guess you're right, I realise I'm not an expert on this.
By the way, I can't wait to see what TheAmazingAtheist is going to say once you address his theory that it's pointless to be veg*n because animals would die out.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

thebestofenergy wrote:
TheVeganAtheist wrote:
I guess you're right, I realise I'm not an expert on this.
By the way, I can't wait to see what TheAmazingAtheist is going to say once you address his theory that it's pointless to be veg*n because animals would die out.
I agree not only would the response be interesting, but it would bring a lot of publicity to his channel (= more people on forums)!
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

I agree not only would the response be interesting, but it would bring a lot of publicity to his channel (= more people on forums)!
** hint hint ** you won't have to wait to long to see my response. The video is going to be released early next week. (tried to have it done for a Friday release this week, but work has been crazy this week so I couldn't manage it).
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

i think "(name) versus TheVeganAtheist on (subject)" is a name that will attract more of the people who enjoy viewing a debate. as this seems the type of audience you attract most. i would suggest sticking to the 80 20 rule. thats my vote
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
Viktorius_the_Third

Post by Viktorius_the_Third »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:
there is one IMPORTANT difference:
the first is not personal! and doesnt make you look as if you think you are better than them and rather just showing their mistakes.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

Now, I know this has already been decided, but I believe firmly that we should change the name of the "Versus" series to "Laying the Smack down on". This is because it is unique and eye-grabbing. "Versus", although I have no quarrel with it, is boring and has connotations of tediousness. "Laying the Smack down on" on the other hand, gives and impression of authority and supreme intellect, which quite frankly, TheVeganAtheist, is what you deserve. I know you think that you've already made up your mind, but trust me, you change the series name to "Laying the Smack down on" and your views are gonna skyrocket!