Hello! Very interested in mycelium

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Mycovation
Diet: Vegan

Hello! Very interested in mycelium

Post by Mycovation »

Hi! I am a food scientist and am working on using mycelium (the root network of mushrooms) to build some amazing food products. Excited to join the community and learn about what else everyone is getting excited about!
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Hello! Very interested in mycelium

Post by Red »

Welcome Mycovation! That sounds like an interesting project you're working on. I'm not sure if I can contribute but I'm sure if you start discussions on it you'll find people here willing to help! :)
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

Welcome!

That is very interesting, if you would like to share more about it, feel free to - personally I am interested, I love fungi and I know how versatile they can be.
Mycelium seems to have a lot of potential, apparently they have already made styrofoam out of it.

What made you go vegan, and be interested in this kind of work?
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Mycovation wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:36 pm Hi! I am a food scientist and am working on using mycelium (the root network of mushrooms) to build some amazing food products. Excited to join the community and learn about what else everyone is getting excited about!
Welcome Mycovation! Myco-motivation?

I'm interested in the potential for mycoproteins to replace leather. I'm curious how they can be used in food. Are you talking about some kind of mock meat?