JUST Egg

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

JUST Egg

Post by Red »

Has anyone here tried JUST Egg?

I saw it at the supermarket I go to (since it has more mock meats than any other market in my area), so I decided to pick up a bottle. I tried FollowYourHeart's Vegan Egg but it can be a bit of a hassle to make. JUST Egg you literally just pour it into the skillet and let it cook for a few minutes.

Having tried both, they taste pretty much the same, but I prefer JUST Egg because it's more convenient, and I slightly prefer the taste. The problem is that it goes pretty fast, so make sure you stack up if you really like it.

In terms of nutrition, it doesn't offer much outside of Protein (and a little polyunsaturated fats), but there is no saturated fat. While I enjoy it, I try not to eat it too much because it takes the place of potentially healthier breakfasts.

I want to try their toaster egg but I'm not sure if the supermarket I go to sells them.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci