Greetings

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Keeg_Turner
Diet: Vegan

Greetings

Post by Keeg_Turner »

Hello everyone,

My name is Keegan, and I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada. I've been vegan since January 5, 2015, and an atheist for about as long. My transition to the latter was far more gradual/quiet, so I can't put a concrete date on it :P I've known about this forum and have been meaning to join for a while now; I just got to doing so recently, as I have been helping out Activist Journeys with the Vegan YouTube Directory project (we initially got in contact through Eisel Mazard's Discord server). For this reason, you'll probably see me most often on the wiki. Of course, if there's anything else you'd like to know about me, then I'll gladly answer you on this thread.

Cheers!

~ Keegan
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Greetings

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Keegan, sorry it took so long to activate you on the wiki!

I look forward to seeing your contributions. Are you mostly sticking with directory stuff, or are you interested in working on some philosophy and science articles?
Keeg_Turner

Post by Keeg_Turner »

Thank you, and no worries about the wiki; I'd imagine you have a lot on your plate, and we had a system figured out in the meantime :)

My interests span a very wide range of topics (I consider myself a philomath), and this is true even if we're just talking about the realm of veganism; most of the philosophy, logic, and science pertaining to it interest me at least to some degree. With this in mind, I'm definitely open to the possibility of contributing to pretty much anything on the wiki, though in practice I'm not yet sure what this will mean (I'm not necessarily thoroughly knowledgeable about everything that piques my interest). I will definitely keep an eye out for any articles to which I may be able to contribute, thought :D
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Great to hear, thanks Keeg!
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Keeg.

Are there many vegans in Nova Scotia?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Keeg_Turner

Post by Keeg_Turner »

Yeah, there's a nice bunch of us here; I live in a very rural area though so I don't know many personally (aside from my mother :P ). Halifax just had a VegFest in September and it did very well. We even had a candidate run there for the pro-vegan/animal rights party (the Animal Protection Party) in our recent federal election, which was great; he's widely known and respected among vegans in our province, and organises many events around here such as vegan potlucks and documentary sreenings. So yeah, overall I would say the vegan precense here is pretty decent indeed (especially when you consider the fact that fishries unfortunately play a huge role in the culture/traditions/economy of our province).