New to the purity of life!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Canadianpride
Diet: Vegetarian

New to the purity of life!

Post by Canadianpride »

Hi there, I'm a vegetarian in the making. I am gradually making a transition with challenges giving up the current lifestyle. The reasons for making the change is a greater awareness of the challenges facing the earth, global warming and quality of life(internally and externally). I am looking for anyone who could shed some information in making the transition easier as well as information in maintaining the proper nutrient levels and how to get them. I am starting to ferment and pickle veggies as well as grown my own sprouts. I hope to hear from others and make a few online friends.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: New to the purity of life!

Post by Red »

Hello Canadianpride! Congrats on your transitioning. Feel free to ask any question to help make your transition easier. :)
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Growing sprouts and microgreens is a potentially very cost effective source of veggies. What are you sprouting?
Usually you go want to cook most of them to absorb nutrients better, although fermentation might work too. The trick is making sure you have the right cultures and conditions to keep from growing something bad. It can be a challenge.
Are you mostly raw?
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Canadianpride! I hope your end goal is veganism and not vegetarianism. Just keep in mind that cravings for foods you used to like tend to go away after a few weeks. Good luck on your journey.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.