The Tavern

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: The Tavern

Post by Red »

@teo123
Meme courtesy of @Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
https://imgur.com/a/bmNjzM7
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

The Boy With ‘Werewolf Syndrome’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVw5VF4YLTk
Could there be any reason why the parents wouldn't just shave the boy's head every 2nd day or so? I suspect the parents let their boy look like Chewbacca to get fame and $$$.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

knot wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:05 pm Could there be any reason why the parents wouldn't just shave the boy's head every 2nd day or so? I suspect the parents let their boy look like Chewbacca to get fame and $$$.
Regular shaving, particularly around the eyes and nose, is non-trivial. Probably an hour a day, not fun for a little kid and I doubt the parents would have time since they have to work and probably have other kids. That skin is also really sensitive. He needs laser hair removal but that would cost a fortune for them. Didn't watch the segment, but for all we know they're saving up or waiting for an offer. Or it's a god thing.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Oh yeah I should mention that five years ago today, this forum was opened to the public.
Thank you all for the good times we've had! Learned a lot on this forum, not sure where I'd be without it.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

-Leonardo da Vinci
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

For anyone who doesn't know. Boston Pizza in Canada has started serving pizzas with "vegan substitute" as a cheese option, and it's actually quite good, I like it better than Pizza Pizza's Violife vegan cheese, although that might be because my local Pizza Pizza is stingy with the amount of cheese they put on.

iirc BP is called Boston Market in the USA, and I would assume they've added the vegan substitute there too, so just wanted to let y'all know this in case you're interested in trying / letting your non-vegan friends know Boston Pizza is a decent option for you to go together to, if you like pizza, etc.

Also, wanted to say, a semi-local restaurant has added a vegan pasta dish with Beyond Meat sausage and it's amazing. They aren't a chain, so I doubt anyone here would be in proximity to the restaurant, but just wanted to share that some places are doing great things and providing more options for us, and it might be worth looking online at various restaurant's near you and their menus to see if they've added a vegan option since you last checked.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

So, the vegan chat is up, for Philosophical Vegan forum site. That will serve any on this forum site wanting use of that chat. What I had wanted was a chat site for vegans without it limited to those who use a forum site, and more vegans would come to it. That sort of may happen with my chat site through Y99, but I would have to draw more to it. The Discord media looks like the best for having it, still.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

My chat site is slow, I have one to respond to, when I come in at times. I get how it would not be popular, but any vegans coming to help with it, vegan chat site at Y99, would really be appreciated.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

FredVegrox wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:58 am My chat site is slow, I have one to respond to, when I come in at times. I get how it would not be popular, but any vegans coming to help with it, vegan chat site at Y99, would really be appreciated.
The problem is, it's not a very good website really. Too many horny men.
-Leonardo da Vinci