Hi everyone

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
greeniespanninies
Diet: Vegan

Hi everyone

Post by greeniespanninies »

New here. Vegan for 2 and half years.

Let's just jump right into it.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hi everyone

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome! What inspired you to go veg? Any particular documentaries etc.?
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing you participate in the discussions.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
greeniespanninies

Post by greeniespanninies »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:33 pm Welcome! What inspired you to go veg? Any particular documentaries etc.?
I was always weirded out by the idea of killing animals for food. I had pets throughout my whole life (dog, cat, birds, baby sheep/goat, a monkey, chicken etc) I am originally from Africa so I got to see the real deal first hand (no factory farming over there). Then my SO saw What the health and introduced me to plant based diet. Didn't hesistate. Became vegan with him the next day. So it was an easy transition. In my head back then, I rather be unhealthy than to consume any animal product. Still have that state of mind but the twist is I found out you get to be much more healthier if you have balanced plant based diet. So it's a win-win situation.

Edit: I didn't watch What the health or any other documentaries. I know I couldn't handle the gruesome details and I saw snippets of them which I don't want to see in full length.