Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Greatest I am
Diet: Vegan

Post by Greatest I am »

Love without reciprocity, works and deeds, according to scriptures and Jesus’ own words, not that a supernatural Jesus ever existed, is not a true love.

All you need to do, to know the truth of that notion; is to look at your own standards of love. You would not love someone who does not return that love, as that is more a stalkers kind of love.

Some Christians and other believers will not see that. Most who are not led by faith, generally accept the truth stated above.

This link, in its message, gives about the same notion.

[img]Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Love without reciprocity, works and deeds, according to scriptures and Jesus’ own words, not that a supernatural Jesus ever existed, is not a true love.

All you need to do, to know the truth of that notion; is to look at your own standards of love. You would not love someone who does not return that love, as that is more a stalkers kind of love.

Some Christians and other believers will not see that. Most who are not led by faith, generally accept the truth stated above.

This link, in its message, gives about the same notion.

http://imgur.com/a/CIce4

Your thoughts?

Regards
DL
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Re: Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

He's not stalking us; he's ghosting us!

If you're not aware of what ghosting means, it refers to when somebody ends a relationship with the person they're dating by simply not responding to any of their texts, returning their calls, etc. and ceasing any form of communication.

Whenever a theist enters into a relationship with God, they always try and communicate with him through methods of prayer and such. However, God never actually responds to them. The parallels are all there:

"Hi God, what's up? I was thinking we could maybe go out for coffee soon?"
*The next day; God still hasn't responded*
"Hi God! How's your day going?"
*A week passes; God still hasn't responded*
"Hi God! I haven't heard from you in a week. Is everything okay? Why aren't you returning my prayers?"

I guess you can call that "Holy ghosting". *ba-dum-tss*

The difference is that with regular ghosting, people recognise that the person who's ghosting them clearly does not love them. With "Holy ghosting", most religious people are convinced that their God genuinely does love them. This is despite him not reciprocating their love, as you pointed out.

So yeah, if God exists, he doesn't love his followers. He's a fuckboy.
Greatest I am
Diet: Vegan

Re: Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Post by Greatest I am »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:13 pm He's not stalking us; he's ghosting us!

If you're not aware of what ghosting means, it refers to when somebody ends a relationship with the person they're dating by simply not responding to any of their texts, returning their calls, etc. and ceasing any form of communication.

Whenever a theist enters into a relationship with God, they always try and communicate with him through methods of prayer and such. However, God never actually responds to them. The parallels are all there:

"Hi God, what's up? I was thinking we could maybe go out for coffee soon?"
*The next day; God still hasn't responded*
"Hi God! How's your day going?"
*A week passes; God still hasn't responded*
"Hi God! I haven't heard from you in a week. Is everything okay? Why aren't you returning my prayers?"

I guess you can call that "Holy ghosting". *ba-dum-tss*

The difference is that with regular ghosting, people recognise that the person who's ghosting them clearly does not love them. With "Holy ghosting", most religious people are convinced that their God genuinely does love them. This is despite him not reciprocating their love, as you pointed out.

So yeah, if God exists, he doesn't love his followers. He's a fuckboy.
I have been arguing with Christians all day and it is refreshing to speak to one with more than 1/4 of a brain and a sense of humor. You can bet I will plagiarize your Holy Ghosting line given the chance.

Thanks much.

Regards
DL