Red Repents to Jebus

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Red Repents to Jebus

Post by Jebus »

I would, but apparently you and your boyfriend like to spread my photos around on other platforms.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Post your old blackface photos here:

Post by Red »

Jebus wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 pm I would, but apparently you and your boyfriend like to spread my photos around on other platforms.
It's only Discord, and it's only shared between him and I.

And seriously? The 'boyfriend' insult? What are you, 12?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Red wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:16 pm It's only Discord, and it's only shared between him and I.
The platform or breadth of sharing may make the act less wrong, but if true I think an apology is owed.
Any sharing aside from between the person who discovered it and Jebus alone (such as to let him know it's out there, or express private concern) introduces some level of risk that it will be re-shared (you can't predict with 100% certainty that the person you're sharing with won't share, that's secret keeping 101). It's not your personal info that you're risking in doing that.

It's as if you dangled his dog over a cliff, then explained that the cliff was only 50 feet deep and you had your thumb under his collar so as to reduce the risk of dropping him. Seriously? Still shouldn't have done it.

Jebus isn't a public figure and is mostly anonymous here. Please respect that. This isn't like calling out a politician. If he has made mistakes in the past I'm sure he regrets it, people change and so do the times, but in either case please keep it private unless he's murdered somebody... and then keep it between yourself and the police since he's innocent until proven guilty.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:21 pm The platform or breadth of sharing may make the act less wrong, but if true I think an apology is owed.
Look, I did apologize (both publically and privately), but Jebus still hates me.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:21 pm Any sharing aside from between the person who discovered it and Jebus alone (such as to let him know it's out there, or express private concern) introduces some level of risk that it will be re-shared (you can't predict with 100% certainty that the person you're sharing with won't share, that's secret keeping 101). It's not your personal info that you're risking in doing that.
To be honest, I didn't think Jebus would mind too much since he posted the picture publicly here. If he were to PM me an image of him, then I wouldn't show anybody.

I will happily delete it and any residue of it if Jebus really want me to. But what I want is just to mend our friendship (not saying I want that in return, just a request). Remember how it was?

I have no interest in doxing anyone here, and I'm pretty sure Z doesn't want to do that either (even though he doesn't like him). I don't want to share his information with random people either, unless I'm certain they're cool with it.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:21 pmJebus isn't a public figure and is mostly anonymous here. Please respect that. This isn't like calling out a politician. If he has made mistakes in the past I'm sure he regrets it, people change and so do the times, but in either case please keep it private unless he's murdered somebody... and then keep it between yourself and the police since he's innocent until proven guilty.
I understand that, and respect people's privacy on the internet as much as possible. I'm willing to forgive Jebus for any transgressions he has made, and I just want to be pals again.

But look, Jebus, if you want me to delete the pictures, I'll do it at once, and I'm sorry if I hurt or have offended you in that way.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

I have removed all traces of Jebus's image from Red's Discord server. When I used his image, I assumed that there was no issue as Jebus had posted it publicly, and I did not consider the possible consequences of these actions. I now recognise that what I did was wrong and will not do any similar actions in the future.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:21 pm The platform or breadth of sharing may make the act less wrong, but if true I think an apology is owed.
If @Jebus requests an apology, I will apologise to him. However, I doubt that he cares that much due to the fact that he has been aware of this for over two months, and has only mentioned it now in a sarcastic comment (rather than in an official complaint). Consider your dog analogy:
It's as if you dangled his dog over a cliff, then explained that the cliff was only 50 feet deep and you had your thumb under his collar so as to reduce the risk of dropping him. Seriously? Still shouldn't have done it.
Imagine if Red and I had actually done this to Jebus's dog and he waited two months before bringing it up casually in conversation like this:

Red: Hey, can I play with your dog?
Jebus: I would let you, but apparently you and your boyfriend like to dangle my dog over a cliff.

Obviously, Red and I have done wrong by dangling his dog over the cliff in the first place. However, if this was Jebus's only form of response to that act, rather than telling the Mauritian equivalent of the RSPCA or something, then you can hardly expect me to believe that he cares about his dog.
If he has made mistakes in the past I'm sure he regrets it, people change and so do the times,
If he regrets it, he has a funny way of showing it. He's expressed absolutely no regret over his actions. If he really felt even the slightest bit of remorse he would have accepted Red's apology for what happened in the Senate thread. In my opinion, Red has been overly generous to Jebus in doing this, as it was Jebus who was in the wrong in that thread and not Red. Nevertheless, I can understand that Red wants to put that behind them and just be friends with Jebus, but Jebus is not even willing to do that.

To be clear, that is not meant as an excuse for my actions. I simply wish to express my reasons why I am not willing to forgive Jebus for his.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

What is this beef from the Senate thread? Is that where this is all coming from?
Any chance it was a big misunderstanding?

I've had some very heated arguments here. @NonZeroSum can attest, but it's really best to move on and grow. Let things go so we can work together.

FFS I'm even working things out with Isaac, although I haven't had much time lately.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 am What is this beef from the Senate thread? Is that where this is all coming from?
I know that was months ago
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 amAny chance it was a big misunderstanding?
I like to think it was. I think it was that last jab at Jebus I made that kinda pushed it (again Jebus, I'm sorry if I hurt you)?
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 amI've had some very heated arguments here. @NonZeroSum can attest, but it's really best to move on and grow. Let things go so we can work together.
I agree, that's how this forum can survive. (I'm sure @EquALLity can attest to that too; coming home and reading the new debate between you two was the highlight of my day. :lol: (I keed I keed) )

But yeah, I'd like for that.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 amFFS I'm even working things out with Isaac, although I haven't had much time lately.
Still? Does he still call you a cuck or try to 'murk' you or anything like that?
Oh yeah and I haven't checked but I remember him saying that he deleted his videos so he can focus on being more mature and intellectual, has that actually happened? I haven't checked in a while.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Re: Red Repents to Jebus

@Red I like the thread title, but Jebus is not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 am Any chance it was a big misunderstanding?
I highly doubt that. If so, Jebus would have to explain what misunderstanding prompted him to insult Red and I, make baseless accusations about me, and make an excuse predicated on an unfalsifiable claim in order to avoid responding to us.
I've had some very heated arguments here. @NonZeroSum can attest, but it's really best to move on and grow. Let things go so we can work together.
Red has made it clear that he is willing to do this, but I am not, for the simple reason that Jebus himself is not. He's not willing to forgive Red (for a situation in which Red had done nothing wrong) when Red has apologised, so I shall not forgive Jebus when he hasn't apologised.

If Jebus requests an apology for using his image, I will apologise for that, as this is a situation in which I have done wrong. If he apologises for his behaviour on the Senate thread, I will forgive him. However, I am not willing to apologise to him for the Senate thread, or to forgive him when he hasn't apologised.

I'm also happy to put this dispute aside to discuss other topics with Jebus, as I did in the Oscars thread. It would have been nice to have gotten a "Thank you" from him when I gave him the percentage that he asked for, but I wasn't expecting one.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 am @Red I like the thread title, but Jebus is not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
Jebus not Messiah? THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 am I highly doubt that. If so, Jebus would have to explain what misunderstanding prompted him to insult Red and I, make baseless accusations about me, and make an excuse predicated on an unfalsifiable claim in order to avoid responding to us.
Dude, it's as brimstone said: The past is the past, we just have to let go of it and move on.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 am Red has made it clear that he is willing to do this, but I am not, for the simple reason that Jebus himself is not. He's not willing to forgive Red (for a situation in which Red had done nothing wrong) when Red has apologised, so I shall not forgive Jebus when he hasn't apologised.
Ah so by that rationale is Jebus were to apologize you would be his friend again?
-Leonardo da Vinci
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Red wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:37 pm Jebus not Messiah? THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
Sidney Webb was born in London to a professional family. He studied law at the Birkbeck Literary and Scientific Institution for a degree of the University of London in his spare time, while holding down an office job. He also studied at King's College London, prior to being called to the Bar in 1885.
Dude, it's as brimstone said: The past is the past, we just have to let go of it and move on.
I'm not going to, because he's not going to either, hence the fact that he hasn't forgiven you for your apology for the wrong things that you didn't do.
Ah so by that rationale is Jebus were to apologize you would be his friend again?
I wasn't his friend in the first place, so no. But I would forgive him for his past antics.