Greetings from Greenwich Village

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
plantfamilyplate
Diet: Vegan

Greetings from Greenwich Village

Post by plantfamilyplate »

Greetings everyone!

I'm a low-sugar vegan living in Greenwich Village, New York City. My diet is 100% plant based, low sugar, minimally processed, and minimally corporate.

My mom (age 72) recently experienced some amazing health improvements (lower blood pressure, weight loss and increased energy) after switching to a low sugar, plant-based diet.

We started exchanging photos of out plant based meals, and now I post them on our Instagram page (plantfamilyplate - https://www.instagram.com/plantfamilyplate/) with a list of ingredients, recipes, tips, etc.

If you have any great pictures of your 100% plant based meals please send me your pics and I will share them on my feed!

If you are in visiting New York City, here are my top pics for vegans:

Blossom. There are a number of walk up Blossoms around the city (no cash accepted) though you will want to do yourself a favor and have a fancy meal at their flagship dining room in Chelsea.

Caravan of Dreams. A groovy organic vegan spot in the East Village that servers great cocktails! Bam!

Beyond Sushi. Vegan sushi. It's a thing. And it's a must visit when you are in Manhattan!

Speaking of sushi, another great spot is Hangawi, with two locations and different take on vegan sushi and other Korean meal favorites!

That's a quick list of the main contenders. Feel free to reach out for additional ideas and tips when for a vegan visiting NYC.

Fond sincere wishes,

John
cherieb

Re: Greetings from Greenwich Village

Post by cherieb »

Thanks for the restaurant suggestions! I'm in Brooklyn
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Hi John and welcome to our forum. Great to read about your mom's health improvements. Too bad not more people are aware of the health potential of a plant based diet.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Glad to see some low sugar advocacy! It's a nice change from the high carb/sugar diets.