owo what's this

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
besasam
Diet: Vegan

owo what's this

Post by besasam »

Hi everyone,
glad to see online forum culture is still alive and kicking. My name is Besa, I'm 22 years old from Germany and have only been vegan for about 8 months (ethical reasons, of course.) I'm a computer science student, software engineer in training, and artist/musician.
Happy to be here, nice to meet you all \o/
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: owo what's this

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Besa,

How's veganism getting along in Germany? I know it's strong in Berlin but is the rest of the country catching on?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Besa, what inspired you to go vegan? Any particular films, books, or videos?
Logical Celery
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by Logical Celery »

Welcome Besa. Care to share some of your artwork with us?
besasam

Post by besasam »

Thank you all!
Jebus wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 am Welcome Besa,

How's veganism getting along in Germany? I know it's strong in Berlin but is the rest of the country catching on?
Pretty good, I feel there's more and more vegan products in stores every day! Pretty much every city has a local vegan meetup for vegan brunches etc and even local chapters of AV are going strong. Hoping to go to my first Cube soon.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm Welcome Besa, what inspired you to go vegan? Any particular films, books, or videos?
I went vegan (from meat eater) overnight after watching Earthlings. Watched a lot of activism videos by Earthling Ed etc afterwards with strengthened it further. I only regret putting it off for so long (I was "vegan at heart" for way too long...)
Logical Celery wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:16 pm Welcome Besa. Care to share some of your artwork with us?
Sure, there's some on my Instagram and some older stuff on my DeviantArt :)
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

Welcome to the forum, Besasam. I'm 25 years old from California (although I do speak Deutsch) and I have been vegan for almost 5 years. I am a graduate student at CSU East Bay, finishing up my Geology M.S. I am completely finished with university classes, and so now I only have a final project to get through.
I have been collecting groundwater samples from springs along the Hayward fault. I am getting data from these water samples, that I will eventually use to make calculations about groundwater flux through the eastern portion of the San Francisco bay. Hopefully, I can use these data and calculations to support conclusions about the influence of the Hayward Fault on groundwater flow through the east bay.

In my spare time, I like to walk with my dog Rosie, and play with her. I think that she is a Belgian malinois, but I don't know for sure what her breed is. She is a very pretty dog. When I walk with her, people passing by often tell me this. She is intelligent, funny, aggressive, and occasionally naughty. I also enjoy:
-cooking and baking; learning new recipes
-looking for new music to listen to on YouTube (mostly metal)
-PS4 games (mostly Elder Scrolls Online for now, but I'm looking forward to 2 upcoming games: Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein