howdy from a fledgling reducetarian

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
pinkysaurusrawr
Diet: Reducetarian

howdy from a fledgling reducetarian

Post by pinkysaurusrawr »

howdy philosophical vegans
I found unnatural vegan on youtube a couple months ago and it was the first time I had heard such cogent, rational, non-pseudo science based arguments for veganism. And also it made me confront the cognitive dissonance that comes from being someone trying to make a career of climate change policy activism who also supports the animal food industry. I am trying to set myself on a reducetarian path that leads to veganism, because I know I can't just cut all animals products right now - I would fail.
so I'm here to learn! also I'd love any good websites with more tips or nutrition trackers or whatever.
Lay Vegan
Diet: Vegan

Re: howdy from a fledgling reducetarian

Post by Lay Vegan »

Welcome, pinkysaurusrawr

It’s great to hear that you’ve committed to reduce to your animal product consumption. Most of us here fall along the reducetarian spectrum (some of us are farther along than others) but we all share the same goal. You can check-out Vegan Health.Org or The Vegan RD for evidence-based nutrition recommendations. Cronometer can be used to log your own individual diet and track your nutrient consumption (be sure to follow the appropriate diet guidelines in the links provided).

Which animal-based foods are you struggling to give up?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome pinkysaurusrawr, do you go by pinky or rawr for short?

Glad you joined the forum and are striving to reduce.
The key is usually finding/learning a few go-to plant based recipes which are easy (that you can make regularly) that you like, and that most importantly are satisfying and rich in plant based proteins to fill you up.

What kind of food do you usually like?
Some easy ones a lot of people do are wraps (like burritos or hummus wraps) and smoothies with added protein.

Once you get up to around 100 grams of plant based proteins in a day it's a lot easier to drop animal products, otherwise you can end up unsatisfied and with strong cravings.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Hi Pinky,

Good luck on your journey. . . that will hopefully eventually lead to zero consumption of animal products.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.