Hi, and a little bit about the Zycron thread

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
*SD*
Diet: Meat-Eater

Hi, and a little bit about the Zycron thread

Post by *SD* »

Hello there! I was invited here by Philo for us to have a discussion about veganism (shocker, right?!) so here I am.

Having flicked through a few of the topics I have a small correction to make regarding one of the posts in the Zycron thread. It makes reference to a discord server, The Slaughter House - which I run. I wasn't aware that the server had managed to gain a mention here but it's nice to see that it has. Philo is a member in fact, as is Zycron and many other names that may be familiar to a lot of you. Footsoldier, a-bas-la-wotsit etc.

Anyway, just to clear up a misconception, The Slaughter House isn't an "anti-vegan" server, it's a server where the primary topic is veganism and exists to facilitate discussion between vegans and non-vegans without much fear of getting banned/booted/silenced/otherwise moderated. This results in a good deal of debate, some more "official" than others but equally a lot of good conversation. It is growing in popularity and most of the vegans we have there seem to enjoy their stay. It was originally created as a response to the seemingly ban-happy discord vegan community (some of you may be familiar with such servers or YouTubers) and I believe it is succeeding in that regard.

Please don't mistake this for a plug (although I appreciate it probably looks like one) - it just makes sense for this to be my first post as the server is mentioned in other threads. Hope to chat with some of you soon - provided this makes it through moderation ;)

SD
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hi, and a little bit about the Zycron thread

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome SD, glad you decided to join.

We'll get something sorted for discussion soon. Would a thread be OK where the first post makes clear it's just for the two participants, and any other posts would be split off and moved if somebody comments by mistake?
Otherwise will need to tinker with permissions to make an exclusive section.

Regarding The Slaughter House, I think the comments were more implying an evaluation of the general zeitgeist of the community, and not so much that it's officially anti-vegan. It would make sense that a lot of anti-vegans might have been driven there after banning elsewhere. I don't know the demographics, though.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hi, and a little bit about the Zycron thread

Post by Red »

Hey SD, you probably remember me from the Slaughter House. I'm looking forward to the debates that may ensue. :mrgreen:

And we can talk about Zycron if you want, just start another thread on him. Personally, I don't like him that much, and it confuses me as to how everyone else on that server (Seitanism) enjoys his presence.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci