Hello

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello

Post by brimstoneSalad »

NonZeroSum wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:36 pm What's the function of groups again?
Using them to make it so new members without any posts need their first post approved. Should 99.9% eliminate spamming.

Before we required activation by email, but a lot of people were missing the emails and didn't get to post. Now anybody can sign up and post, but the first post needs approval before it's seen.
Red wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:47 pm I really like it, and it also looks pretty good on mobile. We can't see the logo anymore, but I don't think that's a problem, it wouldn't go with the background anyway.
Well, I'll change the color of the logo and put it in if the style is good. I'll also adjust all of the colors a little to give them a dark green tint or something.

Remember there was a problem on mobile where you couldn't click something, and you had to zoom in to get it? I don't remember what that was, do you? Does this new theme have that problem?
Red wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:47 pm I'll ask the phpBB forum.
Thanks. If they ask why we don't just use the "newly registered users" group, it's because we have a lot of people in that group who have inherited the old post requirement and would be forced to wait for post approval for like 20 posts, since changing the post limit for newly registered users doesn't retroactively release old users from the group. That's a no-go unless they have a way to automatically remove thousands of users from that group.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 pm
Well, I'll change the color of the logo and put it in if the style is good. I'll also adjust all of the colors a little to give them a dark green tint or something.
Ooh, that sounds nice.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 pmRemember there was a problem on mobile where you couldn't click something, and you had to zoom in to get it? I don't remember what that was, do you? Does this new theme have that problem?
Yeah, I remember that issue. It was minor, but definitely a put off for people who couldn't find their way around it (and I can't blame them). I'm not sure if the problem persists on mobile, I'll wait till I get a new notification on it.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 pm Thanks. If they ask why we don't just use the "newly registered users" group, it's because we have a lot of people in that group who have inherited the old post requirement and would be forced to wait for post approval for like 20 posts, since changing the post limit for newly registered users doesn't retroactively release old users from the group. That's a no-go unless they have a way to automatically remove thousands of users from that group.
I gotcha. I'll do that, but I'm writing up another forum post right now (no, not this one).
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci