Recent Vegan Additions to Restaurants' Menus

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Re: Recent Vegan Additions to Restaurants' Menus

Post by carnap »

Lay Vegan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:04 pm Given the extensive back-catalog of Carnap’s interactions on this forum, they don't seem to understand much about philosophy, animal ethics, veganism, nutrition, or vegan food culture. They could probably learn a thing or two if they would put their ego aside and engage with our arguments honestly.
Oh the irony. Rather than focus your energy on trying to insult me I'd suggest you spend more time thinking about what you're responding to as you routinely seem to ignore what is actually being claimed.

Also, let's get real here, you have no education in philosophy, ethics, nutrition or anthropology.
I'm here to exploit you schmucks into demonstrating the blatant anti-intellectualism in the vegan community and the reality of veganism. But I can do that with any user name.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Post by Jebus »

carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pm Funny that you try to paint me as biased when vegans have an obvious bias on this front.

Those damn vegans. They are all the same, aren't they?
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pmI adhered to a vegan diet for a few years
That is such bullshit. My guess is that you were vegan for about three meals; spread out over three years.
Jebus wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm This goes to show how little you know about vegan food culture.
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pmBecause my view differs from yours?
I think you are smart enough to know that it is not a matter of different opinions.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Post by carnap »

Jebus wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:26 am Those damn vegans. They are all the same, aren't they?
When did I suggest vegans were all the same? I'm just pointing out the irony of you trying to paint be as "biased" when you'd expect vegans to be highly biased on this front since they are ideologically against meat consumption.
Jebus wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:26 am That is such bullshit. My guess is that you were vegan for about three meals; spread out over three years.
Yeah, I'm sure you'd know more about my past then me. Though I never claimed I was vegan rather I said I adhered to a vegan diet which I did for approximately 2~3 years. Ex-vegans out number current vegans by around 4:1 so I'm really not sure why you think encountering an ex-vegan (or similar) would be "bullshit".
Jebus wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm I think you are smart enough to know that it is not a matter of different opinions.
You're not articulating anything, just trying to attack me. To me that suggests an emotional reaction to someone saying things you don't like.
I'm here to exploit you schmucks into demonstrating the blatant anti-intellectualism in the vegan community and the reality of veganism. But I can do that with any user name.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

carnap wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:07 pm When did I suggest vegans were all the same?
Here:
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pm vegans have an obvious bias on this front.
Here is a useful tip for you: If you want to avoid generalizing just insert "some" or "many" just before the noun of the group you are writing about.
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pmI'm just pointing out the irony of you trying to paint be as "biased" when you'd expect vegans to be highly biased on this front since they are ideologically against meat consumption.
Some vegans are biased on this front. However, they are less biased proportionally than non vegans. Why, you may ask? Because they are on average much better educated, particularly on issues that concern veganism, such as nutrition.
Jebus wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:26 am That is such bullshit. My guess is that you were vegan for about three meals; spread out over three years.
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pmYeah, I'm sure you'd know more about my past then me.
Pay attention, dumbass, because things like this don't usually have to be explained. I wasn't implying lack of knowledge. I was implying lack of honesty.
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pmEx-vegans out number current vegans by around 4:1
What a remarkable statistic. Just out of interest since I assume this comes from a self identification study: What constitutes an ex-vegan? Someone who was vegan for a day, someone who was vegan for a week, someone who was vegan for a month? What about people who attempted the 21 day vegan challenge not knowing if they would be able to complete it or not?
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pmI'm really not sure why you think encountering an ex-vegan (or similar) would be "bullshit".

Being an ex-vegan or ex-vegetarian is by many seen as a notch in the belt. They see themselves as a step ahead of all those vegans who haven't yet gone full circle. It is not surprising that so many people, such as yourself, like to include themselves in that category.
carnap wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pmYou're not articulating anything, just trying to attack me.

Poor you. Did you tell your mommy how mean those vegans are to you.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Post by carnap »

Jebus wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:03 am Here is a useful tip for you: If you want to avoid generalizing just insert "some" or "many" just before the noun of the group you are writing about.
And yet I intended to generalize, just not the type of generalization you have in mind. My comment was a statistical generalization, not a universal one and its a common figure of speak. For example if someone said "Swedes make good cheese" that doesn't imply that every single Swede in the world makes good cheese.

Jebus wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:03 am However, they are less biased proportionally than non vegans. Why, you may ask? Because they are on average much better educated, particularly on issues that concern veganism, such as nutrition.
Your educational level has little to do with your level of bias. Highly educated people can be biased, that is why we expect researchers to note any conflicts of interests. The reason you'd expect vegans to have greater bias is that they have an ideological commitment, the minute you decide "I'm a vegan" you've grouped yourself in an ideological camp which creates the environment for bias.

Jebus wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:03 am What a remarkable statistic. Just out of interest since I assume this comes from a self identification study: What constitutes an ex-vegan? Someone who was vegan for a day, someone who was vegan for a week, someone who was vegan for a month? What about people who attempted the 21 day vegan challenge not knowing if they would be able to complete it or not?
The study counted anybody "going vegan" regardless of reason. Around 1/3 stopped within 3 months and around 50% adhered to the diet more than a year.

https://faunalytics.org/a-summary-of-fa ... nd-vegans/

Jebus wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:03 am Being an ex-vegan or ex-vegetarian is by many seen as a notch in the belt. They see themselves as a step ahead of all those vegans who haven't yet gone full circle. It is not surprising that so many people, such as yourself, like to include themselves in that category.
I wouldn't know, but that is besides the point. You're claiming I'm lying about adhering to a vegan diet yet you have no reason to believe that other than I've said some things you disagree with.
cornivore

Post by cornivore »

Dream Sphere wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 pm inquiring about vegan options
Was that for poutine?
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

cornivore wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:30 am
Dream Sphere wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 pm inquiring about vegan options
Was that for poutine?
Coras is essentially a breakfast/lunch place, so I don't think they'll serve poutine ever, lol. My Dad was just curious if they could add more vegan things to their menu other than a fruit platter, and since then they have added that smoothie bowl which is so much more substantial and satisfying than just fruit.
cornivore

Post by cornivore »

Ah well they have it at Poutini's House of Poutine