Animal emoticons

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: Animal emoticons

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

I am procrastinating on working on the animals and instead made a cursed @brimstoneSalad emoticon (is this bullying?).
Image Image

Oops, forgot the outline: Image
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I can add that as one if people want it. I'll add it at the same time as the others, though, takes a while to re-learn the process & find/edit the file.

Did you make your new avatar?

You should post a side by side. You drew the old too, right? It's hard to remember what it looked like now.
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 am I can add that as one if people want it. I'll add it at the same time as the others, though, takes a while to re-learn the process & find/edit the file.
I wouldn’t worry about it until we have a considerable amount (maybe 10) and do a poll
brimstoneSalad wrote:Did you make your new avatar?
I tried to draw one recently, but wasn’t satisfied with it, so I caved after a long time of yearning, and got one commissioned. I like it a lot, but I feel bad about buying it as a somewhat frugal person.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Cirion Spellbinder wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:05 pm I tried to draw one recently, but wasn’t satisfied with it, so I caved after a long time of yearning, and got one commissioned. I like it a lot, but I feel bad about buying it as a somewhat frugal person.
Oh, how much was it?
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:08 pmOh, how much was it?
It probably ranges from 20-100 bucks.
To be honest, I'da offered, but I don't think I'm that good to be honest.

Anyways, I like the brimstone emoticon, kinda looks like something from Minecraft. I prefer it without the outline.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:08 pmOh, how much was it?
Like Red said, $20, but I could have got it cheaper if I realized that the body would not fit and look nice at the same time.
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Red wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:12 pm To be honest, I'da offered, but I don't think I'm that good to be honest.
Thanks comrade.
Red wrote:Anyways, I like the brimstone emoticon, kinda looks like something from Minecraft. I prefer it without the outline.
Ayyy, nice. I added the outline because that’s how all the other emoticons are. Do you think it would look better if I also outlined the parts separately instead of just the whole?

Also, do you want to work on this with me given that you are artistically inclined?
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Cirion Spellbinder wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:35 pm Ayyy, nice. I added the outline because that’s how all the other emoticons are. Do you think it would look better if I also outlined the parts separately instead of just the whole?
Tell me where specifically though; you obviously can't just put it everywhere.
Cirion Spellbinder wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:35 pmAlso, do you want to work on this with me given that you are artistically inclined?
Not sure if that's sarcastic or not, but that'd be great!
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Red wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:45 pmTell me where specifically though; you obviously can't just put it everywhere.
I’ll add it to a static version when I get a chance to show y’all.
Red wrote:Not sure if that's sarcastic or not, but that'd be great!
Not sarcastic. Did you see above the dimensions? I use the Piskel because it makes it easy to animate. Maybe you can take a crack at the bunnies, cause mine look like ass. I can’t get the green to look good.