Omni and a hunter hello?

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Omni and a hunter hello?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

bigbossomni wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 am again you and jebus have done nothing but insult and attack me. End it here and just say you don't like non vegans simple kid. You two kids argument is this " hurrr durrr im vegan im right fuck off" Dude don't reply to my shit anymore. I wrote you and jebus off
We have not done "nothing but insult and attack" you. If you feel attacked and insulted, that's on you for ignoring every attempt at conversation and welcome.
The quote above is a good example of the kind of bad behavior that has seen you poorly received here, but you have some kind of persecution complex that goes far beyond the mild annoyance we have felt from your presence. I'm happy for you to stay here and offer an alternative perspective (even if it's wrong) because it stimulates conversation, but you need to relax and stop being so triggered at everyone just because they're vegan.

Your persecution claims are false. I'm not fond of non-veganism as a set of harmful behaviors, but it's the behavior I'm not a fan of: human beings are more than a single bad thing they do. There are many non-vegans who are good people in general and do good in the world overall. Case in point, I think we pretty much all like PsYcHo above

As far as Jebus goes, he is married to a non-vegan.

You don't get to choose who does and does not reply to "your shit". This is not a place to preach and fail to engage in discussion as you seem to want it to be.

You can stay and deal with it, and follow the forum rules, or you can go. I'd rather you stay and play nice, but it's up to you if you really feel so hated here.
Maybe you can start fresh with a new username so nobody knows who you were and be more civil next time?
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

bigbossomni wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 am again you and jebus have done nothing but insult and attack me. End it here and just say you don't like non vegans simple kid. You two kids argument is this " hurrr durrr im vegan im right fuck off" Dude don't reply to my shit anymore. I wrote you and jebus off
I'm not Vegan, and I have had debates with both BrimstoneSalad and Jebus that were frustrating, (I'm sure for all parties involved), but I've also had debates that were interesting and enlightening.

If you get pissed in a thread, keep it on that thread. Telling people not to respond to your "shit" anymore makes you seem like the kid who takes his ball and goes home.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
bigbossomni
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by bigbossomni »

the problem is they can't confine their hated on one thread
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

:roll: Clearly this post is just seething with passive aggressive hatred:
http://philosophicalvegan.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3729&p=36533#p36310

Not like I posted a question there to stimulate discussion in the thread you started since it hadn't been replied to yet.

Stop being a martyr. You're a newer member and I doubt anybody knows enough about you here to hate you. Some of your posts have been annoying and rude, others have been civil. On balance I have no problem with you being here as long as you follow the forum rules. We're not an echo chamber.

The most annoying of your posts are the ones you complain about people hating you. If you want people to actually hate you, complaining about people hating you when it's not true is a fairly efficient way of achieving that. Nobody likes a crybaby.
bigbossomni

Post by bigbossomni »

Is there a way i can block you and jebus? I'd much rather not see anything from intolerant children like you
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

bigbossomni wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 am Is there a way i can block you and jebus? I'd much rather not see anything from intolerant children like you
No.
Did you miss where I said this isn't an echo chamber?

Furthermore, if you post arguments and ignore questions and counter-arguments from other members, you will likely be banned.

See the forum rules: http://philosophicalvegan.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2115
Philosophical Vegan wrote: Sat May 28, 2016 2:43 pm 1. This is a discussion forum. Please come here willing to discuss. This isn't a place to lecture, and then refuse to address others' rational arguments or even answer others' questions.
But go ahead and keep behaving immaturely: there's no rule against that. You'll just make people actually hate you, and your irrational persecution complex will finally be actualized.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but based on your behavior I assume you just came here to troll, and you are not in fact an honest person looking to understand others' positions.
bigbossomni

Post by bigbossomni »

you say it isn't an echo chamber yet you are not tolerant to any non vegans in the forum. I wrote you off kid. Stop replying with your nonsense
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

bigbossomni wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:56 amyou are not tolerant to any non vegans in the forum.
That's an obvious lie.

We have many vegetarians here, and a few others like PsYcHo who eat fish and occasional meat who are well liked and respected members.
He just told you so himself.

We also have a new member, carnap, who seems pretty decent. He's stimulating conversation, linking to things when asked, and engaging in argument with as much civility as you can expect on the internet (we expect that things can get heated and a little snarky). Obviously I think he's mistaken about some things, but he's adding value to the forum with a dissenting opinion backed up by arguments.

McLovin has been a little irritating in attempting to make arguments he doesn't understand and then complaining about people straw manning their own positions (not even understanding fallacies), but he hasn't been as over the top ridiculously dramatic as you have.

vdofthegoodkind is similarly dramatic sometimes, but when he posts he actually makes arguments and usually has something intelligent to say (even if very mistaken).

Many outright meat eaters are tolerated AND appreciated here for the dissenting opinions they offer.
If your definition of "tolerating" somebody is to never disagree with them and not argue against what they say, then:
1. That's not the definition, stop using it like that
2. You're the most ridiculous snowflake we've ever seen on this forum
3. You won't get what you want here. We WILL disagree with you when you say something we don't agree with. Doesn't mean we won't tolerate and respect you for saying it.

There are certain behaviors we really don't tolerate here, though.

Bigbossomni, you're a perfect storm of whiny baby plus trollish and unintelligent comments that you fail to support with actual argument. This is why you've come to be disliked. You aren't adding anything or challenging anybody, you're just being annoying.

IF you post again making this false claim that non vegans are not tolerated here without making an earnest effort to rebut my arguments and counter examples which have been clearly articulated, you will be in obvious violation of rule 1 here on the forum and I will initiate action accordingly.
Nobody wants to see you complaining in every post you make with these ridiculous assertions you're making.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

bigbossomni wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:56 am you say it isn't an echo chamber yet you are not tolerant to any non vegans in the forum. I wrote you off kid. Stop replying with your nonsense
I'm extremely busy right now so I haven't had a chance to read any posts of yours that weren't linked to this thread, but for fucks sake, I stated pretty clearly in this thread that I AM NOT VEGAN. I argue with BrimstoneSalad and Jebus all the damn time, and I also have very civilized, respectful debates with them all the damn time. They must be at least minimally tolerant of non-Vegans, because I make it a point to say (when talking to those who don't know) that I'm not Vegan.

I debate them respectfully, and they do the same. Sometimes I believe I have "won" a particular debate, other times I concede that their arguments are better.

To give you an example, in this thread you seem to me to be whining about how they are "picking" on you. And in this thread, you seem to be trying really hard to be an asshole. ( I can understand that, I can be an asshole too.) But if you were to join in another thread that I was having, I wouldn't bring up the way you're being bitchy in this thread. Feel free to say what you like, but if you hold a grudge and try to bring up an argument from another topic into a new thread, then you're just butthurt and need to get some cream that doesn't dissolve tender snowflakes. You hunt; I've both hunted and smashed domesticated animals in the back of the head with a large stick to kill and eat for food. Non-Vegans are accepted readily on this forum.

I was really hoping to have discussions with you, and I still would like to do so just because you are not a Vegan, and I think a variety of perspectives makes a forum more interesting. And if you really want to have civilized debates, hang around and join in. But if every-time someone who disagreed with you on another thread shows up, and you start feeling "persecuted", maybe you just don't have thick enough skin to be on the internet.

Just in case it isn't clear, if you respond to any of my topics, or I to any of yours, I will never bring up this thread; what is/was said here belongs to this thread. I'll gladly join in any discussions you have that interest me, and Jebus and Brimstone will (from my experience) do the same.

Don't tell me you can gut a deer, but you're so worried about two people "attacking" you on a Vegan forum that you have to block them to save yourself from their "mean" words. :twisted:
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
bigbossomni

Post by bigbossomni »

i want to block them because they are children and the evidence is abundant they are intolerant bigots. This forum is simply a platform for them to insult others different than them and to stroke their fragile egos.