Hello from Czech republic, Prague

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Margaret Beaufort
Diet: Vegan

Hello from Czech republic, Prague

Post by Margaret Beaufort »

Hello philosophical vegans all around the world!

Realizing my vegan reasoning is rather stereotypical, I have decided to join this group among other things such as but not limited to review of my vegan diet. I would love to grasp this opportunity and think about any vegan subjects from unconventional prospective.

I have been a vegan for 16 years. I turned vegan for the ethical reasons after about a year period of being ethical vegetarian.

Have a good day,
M
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hello from Czech republic, Prague

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome! I hope you like it here.

What inspired you to go vegetarian?
In what way would you say your reasoning is stereotypical?
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

Hello Margaret Beaufort, welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here.
Margaret Beaufort wrote: ↑Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 am I have been a vegan for 16 years. I turned vegan for the ethical reasons after about a year period of being ethical vegetarian.
16 years, that's impressive! Similarly, I was a vegetarian for 2 years for ethical reasons, until I discovered the horrors of the dairy and egg industries. Vegan 3 years now, with many more decades to come!
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Jamie in Chile
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Jamie in Chile »

Welcome to the forum. I love Prague, hope you are doing well.
Margaret Beaufort

Hello Jamie in Chile, when and how long have you been in Prague? Do you plan to come back one day, one day maybe?
Margaret Beaufort

Hello Lightningman_42! that was precisely my reason to go vegan. I started reading a book called Ethernal Treblinka by Charles Patterson. I must admit, I never was strong to finish reading it. How did you discover the horrors?
Margaret Beaufort

brimstoneSalad wrote: ↑Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 pm Welcome! I hope you like it here.

What inspired you to go vegetarian?
In what way would you say your reasoning is stereotypical?
Hello brimstoneSalad, thank you for your reply to my post.
I turned vegetarian after learning about the ahimsa philosophy which I came across when studying the yoga shastras.
I am afraid I used a wrong word, calling my reasoning stereotypical. I have just learned in the dictionary that stereotype means "a set idea that people have about what someone or something is like, especially an idea that is wrong". I probably shoudl have said and or wanted to say typical.