Vote tomorrow

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
miniboes
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: Vote tomorrow

Post by miniboes »

Here's an interesting article from Maajid Nawaz, viewing the brexit from the perspective of fighting terrorism:
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/uk-must-not-isolate-itself-just-to-escape-eu-incompetency/
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

PsYcHo wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: It is not a vote for a candidate you fool man! It is on European Union and whether we should remain or leave.

Japan is in the European Union?
What? No! Japan is in Asia. A completely separate continent from Europe. European Union is ONLY for Europe's countries!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

PsYcHo wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: It is not a vote for a candidate you fool man! It is on European Union and whether we should remain or leave.

Japan is in the European Union?
Sorry. I understand now. I am Japanese and lived there but now I am move to the UK and get citizenship because I think UK is a much better country. I have said this before but you clearly did not see it. It is okay, I understand now. Many of luck obliged.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:I am Japanese and lived there but now I am move to the UK and get citizenship because I think UK is a much better country.
Lol...

Anyway, have you done any research whatsoever into the people you're voting to govern you?!

This is the VP of the EU commission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94syUDDhxA

Completely unhinged lunatic, if you ask me. Perfect example of why too much political power should never be concentrated on just a few individuals, as that always leads to utopian visions and megalomania.

Do everyone a favor and vote these cultural marxists out of office before more of their dangerously misguided ideas are put into action. Kthx
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

knot wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:I am Japanese and lived there but now I am move to the UK and get citizenship because I think UK is a much better country.
Lol...

Anyway, have you done any research whatsoever into the people you're voting to govern you?!

This is the VP of the EU commission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94syUDDhxA

Completely unhinged lunatic, if you ask me. Perfect example of why too much political power should never be concentrated on just a few individuals, as that always leads to utopian visions and megalomania.

Do everyone a favor and vote these cultural marxists out of office before more of their dangerously misguided ideas are put into action. Kthx
And what will be wrong with having diversity? It will mean to accept and tolerate another culture. Whoever they will be. Is there something wrong with respect. Also, I do not know why you call him a Marxist and please tell me what "kthx" means.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

knot wrote:This is the VP of the EU commission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94syUDDhxA

Why do you think Timmermans is a lunatic?

'Cultural marxist'? What does this mean?

What makes you think political power in the EU is concentrated on just a few individuals? The European Commission has 28 members and is just the executive power, the European parliament has 751 members and is democratically elected just like any other parliament.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Wow, I can't believe it. I knew it'd be close, but I didn't think they'd vote to leave.

What happens now?

Apparently David Cameron already resigned (or said he will).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Woo-hoo! Voter turnout is the largest it has been in years! Thank you all for voting!
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sorry. I understand now. I am Japanese and lived there but now I am move to the UK and get citizenship because I think UK is a much better country. I have said this before but you clearly did not see it. It is okay, I understand now. Many of luck obliged.
I knew you had moved from Japan, I did not realize it was to the U.K., and I did not realize you were a citizen. That explains why you were able to vote. :geek:

So were you for the leave or the stay camps? I admittedly don't pay too much attention to international news (we have enough crazy going on in the US), but I brushed up a bit on this.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

PsYcHo wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sorry. I understand now. I am Japanese and lived there but now I am move to the UK and get citizenship because I think UK is a much better country. I have said this before but you clearly did not see it. It is okay, I understand now. Many of luck obliged.
I knew you had moved from Japan, I did not realize it was to the U.K., and I did not realize you were a citizen. That explains why you were able to vote. :geek:

So were you for the leave or the stay camps? I admittedly don't pay too much attention to international news (we have enough crazy going on in the US), but I brushed up a bit on this.
I am for stay.