*generic intruductory statement*

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
NottNott
Diet: Vegetarian

*generic intruductory statement*

Post by NottNott »

But seriously.

Hey everybody, my name is Andrew and I'm a fifteen year-old teenager from England. Around five months ago I stumbled upon the VeganAtheist's videos and over a relatively quick progression I was hooked on the idea of becoming a vegan.

In the past five months I have managed to convert all of our families' regular dinnertime meals to vegan ones, and everyone has been fairly happy with it so far. The VA's videos have impacted my life tremendously and I don't even consider going back to my old diet. I'm still in a transition process that will hopefully end soon.

As for other things that are interesting about me, I'm a linux-using, speedcubing brony. Strong atheist. I'm sure that describes everything about me in a nutshell :D

...what can I say? I'm looking forward to becoming an active member, even if I haven't even been an active member of a forum community before.

Thanks guys! ;)
Diet: Vegeterian*

* - Transitioning
thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: *generic intruductory statement*

Post by thebestofenergy »

Welcome! :D
It's amazing to hear you've decided to go vegan.
If you have doubts/need help, feel free to ask anything: recipes, diet advices, etc.
Were you raised as skeptic/atheist? Or did you change your mind about religion?
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
NottNott

Post by NottNott »

I was raised lightly as a christian, but due to family issues I wasn't truly *converted* at the time. I was baptised, but in my mind I never really believed in any god.

My dad is a bit more of a deist, while my mom claims she's an orthodox christian. I've probably read more bible passages than her though :>

* - Transitioning
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

Welcome! My first question is why so you use Linux?
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome Andrew! Is this t-shirt Andrew from England? if so, great to finally have you on the forum. Happy to hear that my videos have helped.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
NottNott

Post by NottNott »

dan1073 wrote:Welcome! My first question is why so you use Linux?
I've found over time (with my intense gaming passin) I've grown distant from it. For Linux, gaming is (in my opinion) the only thing that Linux is piss-awful at. Everything else is a refreshing spin on classic windows. It allows me to learn how to use a computer in ways I had never concieved before, so in that way Linux is perfect for me. It's also a more productive enviroment, which is a massive boon. I use Ubuntu because it's a beginner's distro with more support than it's 'hardcore' counterparts.
TheVeganAtheist wrote:Welcome Andrew! Is this t-shirt Andrew from England? if so, great to finally have you on the forum. Happy to hear that my videos have helped.
Yes, it is :>

* - Transitioning
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

NottNott wrote:
dan1073 wrote:Welcome! My first question is why so you use Linux?
I've found over time (with my intense gaming passin) I've grown distant from it. For Linux, gaming is (in my opinion) the only thing that Linux is piss-awful at. Everything else is a refreshing spin on classic windows. It allows me to learn how to use a computer in ways I had never concieved before, so in that way Linux is perfect for me. It's also a more productive enviroment, which is a massive boon. I use Ubuntu because it's a beginner's distro with more support than it's 'hardcore' counterparts.
I have a copy of Windows 7 and Ubuntu on my mac. Personally I still prefer using my mac over problem-o-matic windows and slightly the same as mac but not quite Ubuntu. I'd never use it as my main OS as it simply cannot run all of the programs that are required for my job (one program really). I could use windows but well, anyone who has transitioned from windows to mac would know (in case you haven't windows control panel is crap, still can't use sleep mode properly, windows media player is well shit, I can't upgrade from xp to 7, really useless gadget features, needs 4gb to install on my computer, if you've got an old computer too bad you'll have to buy a new one if you want windows 7, windows xp start menu is not there, and I can't pin items to the task bar. That's almost all of the problems I have with windows, if you want one I have with Linux I can make a separate thread.).
She's beautiful...
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Andrew, welcome!

Sorry I'm late to the show, I was AFK for a couple days.

That's amazing that you were able to convert family dinners to vegan. How did you go about that? I always love to hear how people manage to convince their families to eat more vegan food.

What's all this about t-shirts? Were you making t-shirts?