How old is too old for a thread?

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

RanOverByATrain
Diet: Vegan

How old is too old for a thread?

Post by RanOverByATrain »

Hi! How old is a thread too old for it to be posted in? On different forums, it is different. This forum is also pretty small, so there are threads from last month still up on the first page. It doesn't say in the rules and I don't want to cause any zombie threads to roam around where they're unwanted.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: How old is too old for a thread?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

You can post in a thread from any time. There are no rules against resurrecting an old thread. :)

Although, I would probably stick to the discussion threads. Something like an intro thread might be strange to resurrect from the beginning just to say "hi".
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

I would say what you should look at is whether you have something to add. Simply saying hi or saying you agree with someone is fine if the topic is recent, but if it's old you probably shouldn't do that. If you have a whole new argument, or a new development to the discussion, then by all means go ahead and reply!
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

I wonder why reviving threads is looked down upon..
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote:I wonder why reviving threads is looked down upon..
I think long or old threads may be seen as having a high barrier to entry, so some people may prefer newer shorter discussions.