Best vegan restaurant/cafe

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Neptual
Diet: Vegan

Best vegan restaurant/cafe

Post by Neptual »

What's your favorite vegan restaurant? I love going to Wild Ginger whenever I can, and ordering the sweet and sour fried tofu
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Re: Best vegan restaurant/cafe

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

While not 100% vegan (they have a couple of egg noodle dishes), Buddha's Vegetarian Restaurant in Toronto is my favourite. Its a bleak looking place, but the food is awesome. So awesome in fact, my wife and I go every Friday.

"Fresh" is also really good, and so is "Urban Herbivore", both in Toronto.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:While not 100% vegan (they have a couple of egg noodle dishes), Buddha's Vegetarian Restaurant in Toronto is my favourite. Its a bleak looking place, but the food is awesome. So awesome in fact, my wife and I go every Friday.

Didn't know Toronto has such a great selection of vegan/vegetarian restaurants. I'll need to come up there sometime and try out some of the food.
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

dan1073 wrote:
TheVeganAtheist wrote:While not 100% vegan (they have a couple of egg noodle dishes), Buddha's Vegetarian Restaurant in Toronto is my favourite. Its a bleak looking place, but the food is awesome. So awesome in fact, my wife and I go every Friday.

Didn't know Toronto has such a great selection of vegan/vegetarian restaurants. I'll need to come up there sometime and try out some of the food.
There are actually lots of places to eat. Some 100% vegan, some vegetarian, and a lot that serve vegan options.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
cufflink

Post by cufflink »

I've found two excellent vegan Thai restaurants in Southern California. In South Pasadena there's Charm Vegan, a modest little family-run place, bright and cheerful, with some tasty dishes--although if you like hotness in your Thai food you need to ask them to kick up the spicing.

In Santa Monica there's a truly awesome place called Satdha. Their coconut soup with oyster mushrooms and galanga root is to die for. Not cheap, but worth it.
One Moment in Annihilation's Waste,
One Moment of the Well of Life to taste--
The Stars are setting, and the Caravan
Draws to the Dawn of Nothing--Oh, make haste!

—Fitzgerald, Rubáiyát, 2nd ed., XLIX
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

cufflink wrote:I've found two excellent vegan Thai restaurants in Southern California. In South Pasadena there's Charm Vegan, a modest little family-run place, bright and cheerful, with some tasty dishes--although if you like hotness in your Thai food you need to ask them to kick up the spicing.

In Santa Monica there's a truly awesome place called Satdha. Their coconut soup with oyster mushrooms and galanga root is to die for. Not cheap, but worth it.
Awesome! Maybe next time when I plan a trip I should plan to go down there!
She's beautiful...
cufflink

Post by cufflink »

dan1073 wrote:
cufflink wrote:I've found two excellent vegan Thai restaurants in Southern California. In South Pasadena there's Charm Vegan, a modest little family-run place, bright and cheerful, with some tasty dishes--although if you like hotness in your Thai food you need to ask them to kick up the spicing.

Awesome! Maybe next time when I plan a trip I should plan to go down there!
Absolutely! :)
One Moment in Annihilation's Waste,
One Moment of the Well of Life to taste--
The Stars are setting, and the Caravan
Draws to the Dawn of Nothing--Oh, make haste!

—Fitzgerald, Rubáiyát, 2nd ed., XLIX
Humane Hominid

Post by Humane Hominid »

There are lots of great options in the SoCal/Los Angeles/Pasadena area. Real Food Daily has multiple locations.

Doomie's Home Cooking hits that deliciously-bad-for-you sweet spot.

Organix Vegan Deli in Eagle Rock has great vegan sandwiches and soup options.

Really, there aren't any vegan places in the area that I truly dislike.
Eat kind, be strong.
5onic

Post by 5onic »

My favourites is Lotus Pond in Scarborough.

My favourite dish is the malaysian tofu!

Toronto is very vegan friendly. I went to the vegan bake off this year, was pretty crowded :)
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

There's a great Vegan restaurant I like to go to called Lettuce Love Cafe. Their tempeh burger is great, I've had it every time I've went there, but I'm planning on exploring the rest of what their menu holds upon further visits. I've been to another Vegan restaurant in my area called The Naked Sprout, but it was a Raw Vegan one and I didn't really enjoy it. Maybe I just picked the wrong dish for me, I've only been there once, so I should probably try there again before writing it off. I really like a Vegan bakery called Kelly's Bake Shop, the restaurant Lettuce Love Cafe used to sell some of Kelly's stuff there before Kelly's Bake Shop built their own place. Upon tasting some of Kelly's Bakeshop's stuff, I realized it was actually possible for Vegan cup cakes to taste just as good as the conventional kind.