Arguments For Eating Animals and Against Veganism?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: Arguments For Eating Animals and Against Veganism?

Post by thebestofenergy »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
thebestofenergy wrote: They could actually point out that speaking German and breathing air wasn't part of his decisions, while vegetarianism was
That's exactly what I argued against in that post.

That's like the last 3/4 of the post, countering that claim. The first few lines were just providing an example of the fallacy of claiming something is wrong only because Hitler did it.

I went on to explain that to make a claim like that, demonstrating (or at least arguing) a causal relationship is necessary.
Oh, I misanderstood then. I tought you did it to compare Hitler's characteristics (the one that the person you're arguing with supports, that is vegetarianism is 'bad' bacuse of Hitler, and the characteristic that the person you're arguing with doesn't consider bad, but that Hitler did) , so you could prove that not all what Hitler did was bad just because he was Hitler.
I underestimated you.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:14) as long as you treat the animals nicely, then all is okay to use and kill.
This one is probably an argument that most people use, also the more intelligent people (that wouldn't use this plant/nature/hilter arguments). But something you just can't stop noticing is that some of these people aren't actually consuming 'happy' meat, eggs and dairy. This hypocrisy is really sad, and the excuse is of course that they don't want to pay too much.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

As a non-vegan once commented on one of my youtube videos
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 5.21.45 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
She's beautiful...
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

dan1073 wrote:As a non-vegan once commented on one of my youtube videos
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 5.21.45 PM.png
Cringeworthy.
Notice how he says 'small'.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.