Somati, trying to make a difference! [suspected scam]

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
mysomati
Diet: Vegan

Somati, trying to make a difference! [suspected scam]

Post by mysomati »

[warning, this may be a scam]
Hi,

My name is Volodymyr, I'm the founder of Somati. I've created a free plant-based application accessible to every one. I would like to share it with you and if you find it useful I would appreciate if you spread the word. This is a non-profit project.

To try it out, here's a link to the application: [link removed]

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this message. Also, I am not trying to spam. My goal is to share with you and other people a new way to learn more about food and its medicinal properties on our body.

Thank you.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Somati, trying to make a difference!

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Volodymyr,

You might be legit, but there are a few problems:

1. I can't actually confirm that your site has any useful content without registering. This could be a scam to collect people's information, without providing anything in return. It's easy to make a fancy front-end to entice people to enter their e-mail addresses and other relevant information which can then be sold to spammers.

2. Your terms and conditions link does not work. Which makes this more suspicious.

If you make some of your content free and open (as in, we don't have to register to see it), and make your terms and conditions visible, we can revisit allowing this link.
As it stands, my scam detector is going off.

I hope you understand.
Please Private Message before posting further links. I need to confirm this isn't a scam.
If this is legit and a useful service, I'm sure we'd be glad to help you promote it.