What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Lightningman_42
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Post by Lightningman_42 »

My favorites are Angry Orchard* Apple Cider and Mike's* Hard Lemonade. :D
I've never really liked wine and beer.
Regarding strong liquor, I'm happy to have rum, whiskey, or vodka. I've had tequila as well, but it seems to have a horrid rotten flavor that makes me want to vomit. :shock: I'd rather avoid it in the future, unless there are brands of tequila that aren't disgusting. :|
Serious question: are rum, vodka, whiskey, and other strong liquors usually vegan? I guess I should examine each brand on barnivore.com just to make sure.

*All of the products of these two brands are vegan, according to barnivore.com.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Post by Jebus »

ArmouredAbolitionist wrote:Serious question: are rum, vodka, whiskey, and other strong liquors usually vegan?
Yes, they are. Liqueurs are not vegan, as well as Campari, and most wines. It's not hard to find vegan beers. In my opinion, almost all really good beers are vegan. Another issue when buying alcohol is affiliations and sponsorships. Budweiser, for example, does not contain any animal products, but vegans should avoid it because of their (Anheuser Busch's) affiliation with SeaWorld.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

I should add the importance of consuming locally produced alcoholic beverages because of the environmental damage done by the transportation of such drinks. I only drink the local rum and beer and it angers me seeing so many people drink wine that has been transported from the other side of the world.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

I dont drink anymore. I only drank because of peer pressure, and never really enjoyed it much.
I liked rum and coke the most.. basically drank all the the "girly" types of alcohol. Never understood how people can stomach beer and wine. *barf* :D
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Jebus wrote:Another issue when buying alcohol is affiliations and sponsorships. Budweiser, for example, does not contain any animal products, but vegans should avoid it because of their (Anheuser Busch's) affiliation with SeaWorld.
Thanks for informing me of this, even though I don't like beer. I certainly don't want to support a deeply unethical corporation like SeaWorld.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

knot wrote:Never understood how people can stomach beer and wine. *barf* :D
Hahaha me neither. Especially wine. Many cultured people act like wine is something so sophisticated, and worth paying a lot of money for, and yet I find it repulsive.
-Albert Einstein
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

I like alcohol. I always did. For a few years I drank every day, but luckily I didn't have the alcoholic gene. Now, I drink once per week and every day while I am on vacation. I write books and alcohol helps bring out a bit more creativity. Also, as the great Hitchens once said "It (alcohol) stopped me being bored-it stopped other people being boring"
ChipDipSM

Post by ChipDipSM »

Rum, whiskey, scotch, brandy, etc.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -The Lorax