Israeli Army to Start Serving Vegan Food in All Mess Halls

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
TheAddict
Diet: Vegan

Israeli Army to Start Serving Vegan Food in All Mess Halls

Post by TheAddict »

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/isra ... ess-halls/

This is a story I'm kind of connected to, because as this was in the process of happening, I was in the army. Before this new decision was reached, being a vegan in the army was chaos. You'd have to have a lawyer and confirm that you are indeed a vegan, it was an exclusive club that you had to work really hard to get into. Some of my omni friends who were interested about veganism couldn't go vegan because it's a long process in the army.

Now all you need to do is verify it via a simple phone interview. Also, the vegan food will be available for everyone to eat. Which makes it easier for non vegans to become interested in veganism. It's truly a leap forward in terms of progress and acceptance. :D

During my time in the army (and later in prison), I talked to animal rights organization "Let The Animals Live" and explained that the current situation was unbearable, and they happily replied with "You're not the only one, a change has to be made". Which they eventually did. I'm no longer in the army, but I'm very happy for everyone who is recruited after me. Plus, you get kickass berets and faux leather boots.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Israeli Army to Start Serving Vegan Food in All Mess Hal

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Wow, that's excellent news!

Israel seems to be making a lot of great progress lately.
TheAddict

Re: Israeli Army to Start Serving Vegan Food in All Mess Hal

Post by TheAddict »

Yep. Couldn't be happier!