Dinner guest?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Dinner guest?

Post by thebestofenergy »

What would you do if a guest that's not vegan comes for dinner? Would you make a special meal for him/her including animal products or would you refuse? What if he/she is expecting for a non-vegan meal? I usually get different opinions on this topic.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Neptual

Re: Dinner guest?

Post by Neptual »

I would serve them the food I'm eating. Usually if. I have guests they know that they're going to be easing a vegan meal. I don't allow animal products into my house anyways.
She's beautiful...
Twizelby

Post by Twizelby »

would you ask a muslim to serve you pork? tell them if they want animal products they should bring them.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

thebestofenergy wrote:What would you do if a guest that's not vegan comes for dinner? Would you make a special meal for him/her including animal products or would you refuse? What if he/she is expecting for a non-vegan meal? I usually get different opinions on this topic.
I would never prepare non-vegan food for guests. They don't have a moral issue with vegan food and so I have no obligation to cater to their desires (desires that I wholeheartedly disagree with) .
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics