A Thread about Vegetarianism on a Latin Forum

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
teo123
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan

A Thread about Vegetarianism on a Latin Forum

Post by teo123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Hey, guys!
I've started a thread about vegetarianism on a Latin forum. Do you think that's a good idea? Why or why not?
My logic was that, even though I am unlikely to get a lot of audience, I will likely attract audience who are interested in the same stuff I am (that we there kind of share the same culture), and who agree with me on quite a few stuff about philosophy and society (partly because one of the moderators there is preaching libertarianism, and is apparently not facing any opposition), so that it will be easier to convince the audience I get to actually start thinking about the ethics of eating meat (and later perhaps other animal products).
Do you think the arguments I used in the OP are likely to be convincing (If you don't know Latin, you can probably get the basic idea of what's in it using Google Translate)?

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:39 pm

My Latin is very limited, but I think it could be worth a try.
Libertarianism isn't Flat-Earth level crazy and there are some good ideas in there... although reception to more reasonable libertarians among the constituency in the U.S. is very concerning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITP93pqtdQ
You'd have to look at how extreme it is. I'm guessing the moderator isn't "no drivers' licenses" level.

Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:55 pm

You have to wonder about the standards of these people when Gary Johnson looks more intelligent than them.
I can understand having a limited government; I don't agree with it, but I can understand it, and there are a lot of valid reasons for it. But come on, are these people really demanding that little intervention? I wonder if these are the same people who say 'If the child consents' like Adam Kokesh.
What do you think of Johnson's former running mate Bill Weld, who is seeking the Republican nomination? He's good on nuclear, opposes fossil fuels, and supports free trade. I think I'd rather have him than most of the Democrats who are seeking the nomination from what I know.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:47 am

Red wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:55 pm
What do you think of Johnson's former running mate Bill Weld, who is seeking the Republican nomination? He's good on nuclear, opposes fossil fuels, and supports free trade. I think I'd rather have him than most of the Democrats who are seeking the nomination from what I know.
Didn't know about him, but I assume he has no chance?