I win at life

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
LLawliet313
Diet: Vegan

I win at life

Post by LLawliet313 »

Yesterday was my last pizza, nin vegan I mean, I've gone vegan no milk eggs or any other animal products
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: I win at life

Post by miniboes »

Gratz! You have made a step for the better comrade!
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Soycrates

Post by Soycrates »

You can still have pizza. What are we, some sort of joyless cult? Vegan pizza is best pizza.
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

Soycrates wrote:What are we, some sort of joyless cult?
Some people would argue exactly that.

Vegan pizza is great stuff indeed. I remember when I was transitioning towards veganism, I still had a slice of pizza with cheese (no meat) in my freezer. It was the last non-vegan pizza I ate, but at that moment I hadn't eaten any cheese for quite some time. It seems that my taste bud already had changed in that period, because I couldn't really enjoy the taste of it anymore.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Great! :D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

vegan pizza is awesome.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Congrats!

Have you tried any vegan cheese pizzas? They're not too bad. Sauce is the best part of pizza anyway, I used to order without cheese and have them put extra other stuff.
LLawliet313

Post by LLawliet313 »

Where do I find some
brimstoneSalad wrote:Congrats!

Have you tried any vegan cheese pizzas? They're not too bad. Sauce is the best part of pizza anyway, I used to order without cheese and have them put extra other stuff.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

There are a few pizza places that do them (where do you live?), but otherwise you'd have to order a cheese-less pizza, and add your own vegan cheeze and pop it in an oven for a bit to melt it (or make from scratch, which is what I do).
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

I've grown fond of the Daiya brand Vegan pizzas that they sell pre-made and frozen at my local grocery stores.

Though, I prefer to make my own. Luckily, since I have a bread making machine, I use that to make the dough. The making of the dough is probably the longest part of the process of making my homemade Vegan pizza. So, if I feel like pizza, I'll either start it very soon after I've gotten up from bed, or right after I've returned from school.

It's been a bit since I've made one, so I may be missing a step in the making of the dough. Anyways, how I'm pretty sure I do it is I basically just put all the dough's ingredients together, put it in the bread machine and have it set on "dough making mode." Once that's done I take it out a kneed it on a circular pizza tray, put the pizza tomato sauce (the brand I'm pretty sure I use for that is Unico,) Daiya mozzarella, Yves pepperonis, and any other toppings I feel like I want on it. Then I put it in the oven to bake.

My homemade pizza, I'd say, is actually at the very least just as good as non-Vegan pizza, but I dare say I think it's even better, and I also feel my homemade pizzas are a bit better than the Daiya brand pre-made and frozen ones, though those are great too.

I've also looked up a few pizza chains to see if their dough is Vegan, (surprisingly some don't have Vegan dough. Boston Pizza supposedly has milk, or some kind of dairy ingredients in their dough,) and so, from my research I've become pretty sure that the Pizza Pizza chain has Vegan dough. So, if I don't feel like making a pizza myself, and don't want to buy an expensive Daiya pre-made one, then I'll go to a Pizza Pizza, order a pizza without cheese, but keep the tomato sauce, and then I choose various toppings to put on top of the tomato sauce.

The Pizza Pizzas I've ordered Vegan pizzas from have tended to be quite good, though very occasionally the employees have messed up my order, probably since they're not used to making ones without cheese. I've found this to be the case mostly if I had ordered by phone, so I've always made a point since to actually go to the Pizza Pizza stores themselves and order there, which has only led to one mix up where, while they luckily didn't put any cheese on it, they hadn't put any tomato sauce either, and it was just the crust and toppings I had ordered.