Vegan Daughter Refuses to eat with Non-Vegans

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
MamaofaVegan
Diet: Reducetarian

Re: Vegan Daughter Refuses to eat with Non-Vegans

Post by MamaofaVegan »

Oh, and no, I'm not a troll. Legit situation and genuine appreciation for your input. Regarding Christmas at my D-I-L's, I'm tapping out. I'll show up and do what I need to do and let them hash it all out. My husband and I are staying in a hotel room down the street, so we can escape if we need to.

Sorry you have to deal with trolls here. Not sure why anybody would waste time harassing vegans or anybody for that matter.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

MamaofaVegan wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:17 pm Everyone enjoyed a fantastic dinner and a lovely time together...which is what the holiday is about, si?. Nobody complained at all.

My daughter appreciated the gesture.
That's wonderful news! Thank you for the update.

I've heard similar stories about nobody noticing changes like that as long as the food is good, and it sounds like you're an amazing cook.
Feel free to let us know some of your most popular recipes from the dinner (if it's not a family secret).
fredericlavender
Diet: Vegan

Post by fredericlavender »

Hey I'm glad things worked out. It's always tricky catering for people who have different requirements especially a teenager :)