10 year vegan goes to beef only diet

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Third Person Groove
Diet: Vegan

10 year vegan goes to beef only diet

Post by Third Person Groove »

Have you guys seen (vegetable police) on youtube. He was vegan for a long time then a couple days ago he switches to a beef only diet. What do you guys think? He says it's for his digestion and it's relieved his symptoms. Check him out , I'm very curious of your thoughts.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: 10 year vegan goes to beef only diet

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I know he's an idiot from the Nazi fiasco (he was into conspiracy theories about the holocaust and saying he was a Nazi for a while, sold "vegan Nazi" shirts). I can't say I'm surprised that he'd do this. He's always always been into fringe diet cures and stuff from what I've seen.

What does he say his disease is which requires him to eat nothing but beef?
Third Person Groove

brimstoneSalad wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 pm I know he's an idiot from the Nazi fiasco (he was into conspiracy theories about the holocaust and saying he was a Nazi for a while, sold "vegan Nazi" shirts). I can't say I'm surprised that he'd do this. He's always always been into fringe diet cures and stuff from what I've seen.

What does he say his disease is which requires him to eat nothing but beef?
He has parasites or some digestion problem, he mentioned something about bacteria in his stomach also. He did say he could stay vegan but the only things he could eat are rice and potatoes without upsetting his stomach. It's annoying to me to see this happen and to see all of the meat eaters flock to him and use him as an excuse... Check out Daphne reloaded. She only eats meat and is anti vegan. She is using this guy as a excuse.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Yeah, really scraping the bottom for excuses there, though. I'm not sure how many people are going to relate to him.

I think the guy needs professional help. I don't want to shame mental illness here (getting help is very important), but it affects others when these people are in the spotlight with their orthorexia and host of self diagnosed conditions.
cornivore

Post by cornivore »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:59 pm Yeah, really scraping the bottom for excuses there, though. I'm not sure how many people are going to relate to him.
Maybe he had this waitress...
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Post by carnap »

While most aren't so dramatic, its actually the norm for people to give up on vegan diets at some point.
I'm here to exploit you schmucks into demonstrating the blatant anti-intellectualism in the vegan community and the reality of veganism. But I can do that with any user name.
Third Person Groove

brimstoneSalad wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:59 pm Yeah, really scraping the bottom for excuses there, though. I'm not sure how many people are going to relate to him.

I think the guy needs professional help. I don't want to shame mental illness here (getting help is very important), but it affects others when these people are in the spotlight with their orthorexia and host of self diagnosed conditions.

Yeah shaming people won't get us anywhere mental illness or not in my opinion I agree. I hope he finds professional help.
Third Person Groove

carnap wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:12 am While most aren't so dramatic, its actually the norm for people to give up on vegan diets at some point.
Isn't that mostly people in their first month though? Statistically most vegans who stay vegan for over a decade like he did stay vegan and are still vegan. Like exercise, it's most difficult for people in the transition phase or if some big life event happens that makes it difficult to eat vegan like going homeless.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

I wonder if he's a follower of Jordan Peterson. He and his daughter have been advocating for an all beef diet as a cure for depression, among other things.
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Post by carnap »

Third Person Groove wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:48 am Isn't that mostly people in their first month though? Statistically most vegans who stay vegan for over a decade like he did stay vegan and are still vegan. Like exercise, it's most difficult for people in the transition phase or if some big life event happens that makes it difficult to eat vegan like going homeless.
There really is only one study that has looked at this in detail and it found the highest concentration of drop-outs in the first 6 months but people continued to drop out even after 10 years. I'm not aware of any studies that have looked at this over decades which is what you'd need to do to get a sense of the drop-out rate after 10 years of being vegan. But it doesn't seem to be uncommon.
I'm here to exploit you schmucks into demonstrating the blatant anti-intellectualism in the vegan community and the reality of veganism. But I can do that with any user name.