Are there any limits for veganism?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Are there any limits for veganism?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

@Lay Vegan Looks like a great start (as I think you noticed, I shortened the page name)

You can upload small video clips as long as they're short so there aren't copyright issues. I updated your permissions on the Wiki so you can upload files.
Just make sure they're small files too (which means inevitably low resolution), so they don't max out the file size. Here's a good example:
wiki/index.php/File:SR2.webm
Lay Vegan wrote:I assume you mean "superior" relative to prostitution? Or subsistence farming?
No, superior relative to say "made in the USA" goods, when you have a choice between sweatshop and something made in a developed country.
Lay Vegan wrote:In case you haven't peeped, what are your thoughts on this economic case for sweatshops? http://www.econlib.org/library/Columns/ ... shops.html Sweatshop workers in the poorest countries make 3 times their national average income.
I'm not sure if I've read that one or not, but I think the economic case is very strong.

We should also start an article on sweat shops if there isn't one. That's a very common topic in anti-vegan arguments. Can you start one on that too, or would you be over-extended?

Here's a stub page: wiki/index.php/Sweatshop_Products
Lay Vegan

Post by Lay Vegan »

@brimstoneSalad 2 MB is awfully small for a video file, even with low resolution. We're talking a 15-25 second video clip. I managed to squeeze 50 seconds worth of audio into a file, but there's no video or thumbnail to accompany it. Could we slightly increase the max file size?
brimstoneSalad wrote: I'm not sure if I've read that one or not, but I think the economic case is very strong.
We should also start an article on sweat shops if there isn't one. That's a very common topic in anti-vegan arguments. Can you start one on that too, or would you be over-extended?
Sure, I'll draft an outline soon. Give me a day or 2.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Lay Vegan wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:56 am @brimstoneSalad 2 MB is awfully small for a video file, even with low resolution. We're talking a 15-25 second video clip. I managed to squeeze 50 seconds worth of audio into a file, but there's no video or thumbnail to accompany it. Could we slightly increase the max file size?
I think the max is 4mb.

It's important to really shrink the video resolution. A small reduction in resolution makes a big difference. I don't think I have any programs on hand to do that, so I never upload video.
Lay Vegan wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:56 am Sure, I'll draft an outline soon. Give me a day or 2.
Thanks!