Enquiring Minds topic - What’s good for you is also good for the planet

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Take5
Diet: Vegan

Enquiring Minds topic - What’s good for you is also good for the planet

Post by Take5 »

Hi folks

It's that time of year again, when I decide on a list of topics we are to discuss over the next three months. I always feel I should include something on Climate Change in each programme - I feel the topic is woefully under-discussed. So next week's topic is:

"What’s good for you is also good for the planet" So we're covering our own health and the long-term health of the planet. (It's also good for the animals, but I'm sure that'll come up in the discussion.)

In the week leading up to the topic (next Thursday the 11th), I send out a link to all the participants (about 15 or so), they look at the link and, hopefully do their own research.

My question is, what link would you recommend I send out? I should say there'll need to be a written article I can refer to, since not everyone has access to a computer.

Thanks in advance!
Take5
Diet: Vegan

Re: Enquiring Minds topic - What’s good for you is also good for the planet

Post by Take5 »

Hi folks

Here's the topic link I'm sending out:

http://time.com/3579106/eating-meat-vegetarian-global-warming/

But another suggestions gratefully received.

I should add I know our resident climate denier is gearing up to challenge any mention of global warming. Need to gather all my patience with this guy - not looking forward to it.