McVegan Burger?/ Switzerland only ....

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

McVegan Burger?/ Switzerland only ....

Post by PsYcHo »

Has any of our Swiss members had the opportunity to try the McVegan Burger?

What are everyone's thoughts on a company built on carnism suddenly offering a Vegan option? (Admittedly, I enjoyed BK's Veggie burger, so I'm curious about the Mcd version. )
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: McVegan Burger?/ Switzerland only ....

Post by Jebus »

Are they in Switzerland now? I knew about Finland.

This has been a common debate topic on vegan forums. Most seem to agree that it is a good thing although they would never eat one themselves. This is my viewpoint as well.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Jebus wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 am This has been a common debate topic on vegan forums. Most seem to agree that it is a good thing although they would never eat one themselves. This is my viewpoint as well.
I'd say that of in vitro meat, but I think we should try these vegan burgers to help show there's support for it.
I would, depending on how it's cooked... I wouldn't enjoy it cooked on the same grill, though. I do not personally want to taste other things they cooked there (I've had dishes cooked after egg, and it ruins the meal with that lingering taste), but if other people don't mind (assuming it is cooked on the same grill) then it's great to support it.

Might be possible to order one in the morning when the grill is clean? Not sure how these establishments work in terms of cleaning the thing.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum

Post by PsYcHo »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:11 pm Not sure how these establishments work in terms of cleaning the thing.
I worked in fast food for a few years; you don't want to know.

Taxation is theft.
individ

Post by individ »

PsYcHo
Master of the Forum

Post by PsYcHo »

Hi individ.

Since this is your first post (and you were able to attach a link....?) I'd just like to suggest that you summarize whatever the link you are posting says. No one wants to click on a strange link in a topic from someone who has never made a formal post. You may have a really good point you are trying to say, but please, say it in your own words first, then suggest a link we can look at.

This is a discussion forum. So please discuss, then maybe offer us a link where you formed your opinion.

Taxation is theft.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

PsYcHo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 am Hi individ.

Since this is your first post (and you were able to attach a link....?) I'd just like to suggest that you summarize whatever the link you are posting says. No one wants to click on a strange link in a topic from someone who has never made a formal post. You may have a really good point you are trying to say, but please, say it in your own words first, then suggest a link we can look at.

This is a discussion forum. So please discuss, then maybe offer us a link where you formed your opinion.
His link was a way of pointing out that you had confused Switzerland with Sweden, a common error among Americans.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

The McVegan burger, as far as I know, is only available in Finland and Sweden.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum

Post by PsYcHo »

Jebus wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:59 am His link was a way of pointing out that you had confused Switzerland with Sweden, a common error among Americans.
Dammit, that is a common mistake from us "Yanks". And something I often do. :oops:

Thanks for explaining that Jebus, but I still wouldn't have clicked on a link from someone with only one post. It could be explaining a common misconception, or it could be a link to "50 ways to ensure your computer is part of a Bot-Net!" And if they had just explained it before hand, maybe I would have checked it out, but I don't think it's a good idea for a debate forum to accept clickylinks as an appropriate response.

Didn't there used to be a fifty post threshold before you could post a link, or is that only in the signature line?

Taxation is theft.