Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Greatest I am
Diet: Vegan

Post by Greatest I am »

I wrote this for the religious forum but it seems to be a question that I should have put to Republicans as they are exhibiting the same vile morality as pedophile priests and the religious who ignore morality to feed their tribal needs.

Do you see any difference in the immoral and unethical position of both groups?

How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.

Post by Jebus »

Do you mean republican politicians? What examples have there been of republicans molesting children? Do these cases outnumber Democrat politician child molesters?

Cases of child molestation have been rampant among Catholic priests. I'm not sure the two are on the same scale.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jebus wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 am Do you mean republican politicians? What examples have there been of republicans molesting children? Do these cases outnumber Democrat politician child molesters?

Cases of child molestation have been rampant among Catholic priests. I'm not sure the two are on the same scale.
All Republicans are in the same tribe and are allowing their tribal instincts to overrule their moral sense.

All Americans seem to need some guidance in morals and ethics given that they have the worst jail stats of all the free world.

For a Christian nation, Americans do not look like good Christians. Perhaps that is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL
Ignis Centaurus

Post by Ignis Centaurus »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:54 am
Jebus wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 am Do you mean republican politicians? What examples have there been of republicans molesting children? Do these cases outnumber Democrat politician child molesters?

All Republicans are in the same tribe and are allowing their tribal instincts to overrule their moral sense.

All Americans seem to need some guidance in morals and ethics given that they have the worst jail stats of all the free world.

For a Christian nation, Americans do not look like good Christians. Perhaps that is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL
What do you mean by tribe? Their religion? Political affiliation? And what do you mean "override their moral sense", as if all republicans agree on everything. You're also saying republicans are dumb and that they are inherently tribalistic and barbaric and need to be "taught" by The Higher Man on how to "behave". This kind of condescending attitude you're presenting is making me question whether I should even bother typing out the rest of this reply, but I'll bite the bait anyway. Anyway, our jail "stats" are so severe because of a number of potential or actual reasons--reducing it to "those evil Republicans" is shortsighted at best and anti-logic and a dangerous way of thinking at worst.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Ignis Centaurus wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:54 am All Republicans are in the same tribe and are allowing their tribal instincts to overrule their moral sense.

Regards
DL
What do you mean by tribe?
Religions and political parties are just tribal groups vying for dominance within cultures. Most p[eople cjoose not to recognize that fact. This link shows how we work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64_El2s7FU
Their religion? Political affiliation? And what do you mean "override their moral sense",

I mean that they will vote the party or church line and ignore their morals. Note how many republicans held their noses while voting for Trump.
as if all republicans agree on everything.
They mostly go for the right wing solutions and not the left.
You're also saying republicans are dumb and that they are inherently tribalistic and barbaric and need to be "taught" by The Higher Man on how to "behave".

Exactly. Secular law has to civilize the right just as it did for Christianity who would be outcast now if Christianity had not been brought to heel by secular governments.
This kind of condescending attitude you're presenting is making me question whether I should even bother typing out the rest of this reply, but I'll bite the bait anyway. Anyway, our jail "stats" are so severe because of a number of potential or actual reasons--reducing it to "those evil Republicans" is shortsighted at best and anti-logic and a dangerous way of thinking at worst.
It is following the logic trail of the right wing being racist showing it's usual racism as can be easily seen due to minorities being over represented in your horrible jail stats.

Regards
DL