FREEGAN VEGAN BEEGAN'S!?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
PrincessPeach
Diet: Vegan

Re: FREEGAN VEGAN BEEGAN'S!?

Post by PrincessPeach »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
Do you mean from their parent franchise companies? Because I don't really consider that insurance; it's more shifting profits around by the corporation. Although it may seem like insurance to the store owner, it's a different kind of beast.

Otherwise, they would not carry real insurance for common levels of spillage.

I don't know the details all I know is that the corporate manager of the store I worked for told me specifically not to worry about theft it's covered under insurance and there could be legal/safety issues if you accuse some one of stealing.
Don't be a waste of molecules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

PrincessPeach wrote: I don't know the details all I know is that the corporate manager of the store I worked for told me specifically not to worry about theft it's covered under insurance and there could be legal/safety issues if you accuse some one of stealing.
I assume he was telling a 'white lie' to discourage anybody from trying to be a hero. "It's covered by insurance, don't worry" is an easy way to get people to relax.
Either that, or he had a misunderstanding of how things work too... which is possible.
cornivore

Post by cornivore »

I think this lady was the beegan...
We report a young healthy woman, who believed that the consumption of large amounts of honeycomb would lead to good health and who finally developed a huge gastric bezoar of hard consistency.—Huge gastric bezoar caused by honeycomb, an unusual complication of health faddism: a case report