Things I don't like about some vegans

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Commissaris
Diet: Vegetarian

Re: Things I don't like about some vegans

Post by Commissaris »

NindriIndri wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:57 amI think some would actually rather see an omnivore voting left than a vegan voting right. I don't find this type of exclusion helpful.
Some ideas come more naturally to certain ideological leanings but luckily veganism is and should be accessible to everyone with the means to do so. Barring specific religions that require the consumption of animal products (I'm sure they exist) the practice doesn't need to be limited to certain (non-economic or -geographic) social groups. I think you'll find you're in good company on that front. Maybe start a new thread if you'd like to discuss your experiences more fully?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Things I don't like about some vegans

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Commissaris wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:26 am Barring specific religions that require the consumption of animal products (I'm sure they exist) the practice doesn't need to be limited to certain (non-economic or -geographic) social groups.
Like Catholics, where communion wine and crackers might not be vegan. Never mind the transubstantiation.
I don't think that's a serious issue, though; more like a medical exemption if they *have to* do it.

Most animal product consumption in religions is ritual and occasional.