The Vegan Stoner Cookbook

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
fumblesquid
Diet: Vegan

The Vegan Stoner Cookbook

Post by fumblesquid »

So my mother purchased this cookbook called "The Vegan Stoner Cookbook" for me a few months ago, and for lack of better words it's amazing. Getting stoned is not at all a requirement!

The recipes are extremely simple and delicious. I had never found cooking fun, purely because most recipes online are overly complicated and detailed. This book is the opposite and I love it. For example, there aren't many precise measurements in it, so it often tell you to use a spoonfool of this, a glass of that. There are usually no more than a couple lines of text for each step (generally no more than 5 steps) so there isn't much confusion around language either. The vague instructions have taught me how to add flavors to taste, too! A great thing to learn when cooking.

I can't thank this book enough for getting me into cooking.

Finally, here is the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Vegan-Stoner- ... 1607744643

Enjoy!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: The Vegan Stoner Cookbook

Post by brimstoneSalad »

That's great that it got you into cooking.

It's clever to leave the instructions vague- I hadn't thought of doing that as an aid to teaching people how to guesstimate measurements to taste by themselves.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

I am not sure if I would like not having exact measurements while cooking, I am just a perfectionist I like to do things precisely, that would just throw me off!

This is what I do with my vegan cook books,
go to the index and search for a recipe with an ingredient you already have then see if you have the rest of the ingredient's and there you go no worrying about what to make for dinner and it's something new!
Don't be a waste of molecules
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

I love cookbooks with lots of pictures. Are there any in this one?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

I may consider buying this book friend who is transitioning to being a vegan. Great post!
She's beautiful...