Stupid Omnivore Facebook Reply

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
PrincessPeach
Diet: Vegan

Stupid Omnivore Facebook Reply

Post by PrincessPeach »

What do you guys think of David and his responses?

How would you have responded to Davids comments?
Don't be a waste of molecules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Stupid Omnivore Facebook Reply

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Linda's reply was pretty good.

David is a confrontational fundamentalist carnist. He apparently can't accept the fact that anybody is vegan, and wants to start fights, to try to make Stacey stop being vegan, to make himself feel better about his choices.

Furthermore, he's an idiot.

Stacey should probably bock him, since it doesn't look like she wants to get into an extended debate, and he isn't interested in anything else.

He clearly baited that argument.

Now, if somebody wanted to seriously school him, he might be proud enough to stick around to learn something.
But only if somebody wanted to spend the time on educating him.

Sometimes people are worth educating, particularly if there's an emotional investment there. Sometimes people are just idiots and aren't worth talking to.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sometimes people are worth educating, particularly if there's an emotional investment there. Sometimes people are just idiots and aren't worth talking to.

That's very true and there is no sense trying to discuss certain topics with 'stupids' ...
I think of discussing veganism kinda like this:
" You've got to kiss a lot of toads before you find your prince."
Meaning, you're going to have to talk to a lot of people before some one will take notice and have interest in your views on animal rights/ vegan subjects..!
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

it does, i guess, depend on if/how you advocate veganism. personaly if someone wants to attack my stance on any issues i will happily engage in debates. on the other hand your not going to change the views of someone like this, regardless of having better arguments. the main reason you would engage in conversation with this type of person is to sway anyone who reads it. I do not think i would argue with this guy unless he was to attack my stance with a sound argument. If he did not do such a thing, he would use it as evidence of the "preachiness" of vegans.
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

I don't think there could be any reasoning with that David guy, my brother used to be the same way with me for example, I have my parents taking these organic non gmo certified vegan vitamins and he had to get into this huge debate with me (mind you I didn't say a word to him he saw the vitamins my parents bought and my mom told him I suggested them)
I really thought he was fighting with himself but he was dead set on getting a reaction out of me..
Apparently me suggesting my parents take a multi-vitamin is also me pushing my beliefs and views on them too... And it's not, my parents turned 50 this year and I want them to be healthy I know they may never be vegan but I do know they need a good multi!
I just want to know why people are so angsty against vegans?
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

I don't think there could be any reasoning with that David guy, my brother used to be the same way with me for example, I have my parents taking these organic non gmo certified vegan vitamins and he had to get into this huge debate with me (mind you I didn't say a word to him he saw the vitamins my parents bought and my mom told him I suggested them)
I really thought he was fighting with himself but he was dead set on getting a reaction out of me..
Apparently me suggesting my parents to take a multi-vitamin is also me pushing my beliefs and views on them too... IMO it's not, my parents turned 50 this year and I want them to be healthy I know they may never be vegan but I do know they need a good multi!
I just want to know why people are so angsty against vegans?

Ever had some one turn real quick on you when they find out you are vegan?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

PrincessPeach wrote: I just want to know why people are so angsty against vegans?
This matter is very complicated. Maybe you can start a thread about it?
PrincessPeach wrote: Ever had some one turn real quick on you when they find out you are vegan?
Pretty much anybody who knows me at all knows better than that ;)

They're mostly just surprised I'm vegan. For some reason I strike people as the type to eat human infants for breakfast.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

He seems too aggressive to be real. He might be a troll.
I say this because if I wanted to piss a vegan off, I'd say about the same things.
But if you know him in real life, then you know better than me.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

PrincessPeach wrote: I just want to know why people are so angsty against vegans?
brimstoneSalad wrote: This matter is very complicated. Maybe you can start a thread about it?
Will keep this idea in the back of my file folder inside my head.
PrincessPeach wrote: Ever had some one turn real quick on you when they find out you are vegan?
brimstoneSalad wrote: Pretty much anybody who knows me at all knows better than that ;)

They're mostly just surprised I'm vegan. For some reason I strike people as the type to eat human infants for breakfast.
LMAO! ( I bet they order cheese filled babies all the time at FF restaurants)

What makes some one look like they eat animals anyways ??

Before I switched my diet people would always tell me to "Go eat a sandwich" because I was so thin ...
Now I am vegan & people say " What is your secret on staying so thin and fit? You must be this child's nanny there is no way you like that after having a child."
I have literally had 6 people not believe my son is mine !
I gained over ten pounds when I switched over to a vegan diet!
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

thebestofenergy wrote:He seems too aggressive to be real. He might be a troll.
I say this because if I wanted to piss a vegan off, I'd say about the same things.
But if you know him in real life, then you know better than me.

I found this on ebaumsworld so you could be very right!