Vegan Food eating contest vs Non-Vegan food eating contest

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Haterkid69

Vegan Food eating contest vs Non-Vegan food eating contest

Post by Haterkid69 »

I've been having this question for quite the while, wouldn't a vegan food eating contest be harder than a non-vegan food contest? I mean I'd assume the vegan stuff is made with WHOLE foods that make you feel "full" faster, so that means it would be harder right?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Vegan Food eating contest vs Non-Vegan food eating contest

Post by brimstoneSalad »

In a contest, you're usually up against other contestants eating the same food, so you'd have the same challenges.

But vegan food is not necessarily always whole food; you could have processed vegan food that's easier to eat too.
Sapphire Lightning
Diet: Vegan

Re: Vegan Food eating contest vs Non-Vegan food eating contest

Post by Sapphire Lightning »

What I would like to see is a Vegan Vs NonVegan food contest. Neither side would be able to cheat, so that would mean no animal products/flavoring in the vegan dish and no vegan products/flavoring in the nonvegan dish. Maybe having salt allowed for the nonvegans would be acceptable...

The nonvegans would be at a serious disadvantage, think about it: Only flesh, no seasoning, and not cooked with anything other than gas or electric. The only dairy would be milk from several species. And of course eggs and honey. Not much you can make with just those ingredients...
Carnist: Kills animals and then takes from their bodies
Vegetarian: Takes from animals' bodies, and then kills them when they are no longer profitable
Vegan: Avoids unnecessary harm to animals as much as is possible and practicable